Tip for modding atvX - Ricky's Customization Tool

Post your great articles here :)
Nayam
Administrator & Developer
Answers: 0

Only use v4 of Ricky's Amlogic Customization Tool. v5 of that tool will give you updating loop bugs and more!
Download the v4 from here:

[color=#FFFFF]DOWNLOAD[/color]

[IMPORTANT] BE SURE WINDOWS DEFENDER AND ANTIVIRUS DO NOT INTERFERE WITH THE PROGRAMS AND ALL ITS CONTENT!!!
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
drotosclerosi

Hi there! Is this valid also for the new 2H version of atvxperience?
I only want to add some apps, but the software seems to crash while rebuilding the IMG file
ricklar

drotosclerosi wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:10 am Hi there! Is this valid also for the new 2H version of atvxperience?
I only want to add some apps, but the software seems to crash while rebuilding the IMG file
I experienced some same issues with repackaging the firmware using Ricky's Amlogic Customization Tool. So only used it to unpackage the firmware images for editing and used a stock version of the Amlogic Customization Tool to repackage firmwares. My guess was that it had to do with me using a Windows7 machine. But maybe it is same for everybody.

If just want to add Apps in one large batch file, it is probably easier to just to load a USB thumb drive with apks then install after firmware is booted up and fully installed.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
drotosclerosi

ricklar wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:32 am
drotosclerosi wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:10 am Hi there! Is this valid also for the new 2H version of atvxperience?
I experienced some same issues with repackaging the firmware using Ricky's Amlogic Customization Tool. So only used it to unpackage the firmware images for editing and used a stock version of the Amlogic Customization Tool to repackage firmwares. My guess was that it had to do with me using a Windows7 machine. But maybe it is same for everybody.

If just want to add Apps in one large batch file, it is probably easier to just to load a USB thumb drive with apks then install after firmware is booted up and fully installed.
for sure, and that's what I do when I configure my tv box by myself.

The problem is that I ofter configure some boxes for my friends or my family, and I spend some time sideloading apks.

Moreover, I usually do some tweaks to some configuration files (you know, wifi config and so on) and I would love to prepare a custom IMG with everything included.

I'll try your repackaging method, hoping that the resulting IMG won't soft brick my device as it happened when i used the last version of the customization tool.
em3ka

drotosclerosi wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:55 am hoping that the resulting IMG won't soft brick my device as it happened when i used the last version of the customization tool
Use only v4 version, i am running the customization tool under Windows 7 (Windows Defender turned off) without problems.
soldiaz
Expert Member

How is it possible to unpack using AML tools 4.0.0 and repack with Amlogic's customization Tool?
em3ka

There is new release v6.0.0 available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFqZsJLjYbg

[2021-03-01]
broken link updated

Amlogic_Flash_Tool_v6.0.0.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
soldiaz
Expert Member

All tools I used have their own issues.....

Noone works as it should without issues...
ectraz

Any method for auto install of kodi when building the rom?
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

ectraz wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:45 am Any method for auto install of kodi when building the rom?
You'll need init scripts for that.
Look for the preinstall.sh script in bin folder.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max