Remote Control Issues after sleep mode - WORKAROUND!

Post your great articles here :)
Jagdeepmarahar
Answers: 0

Hi Nayam, I've successful in executing the commands. I had to insert following command to start the terminal in root system
/system/bin/su -
Then I just copy pasted the commands and it worked fine and the device rebooted. So far remote is working even after putting the box to sleep.
dankell
Verified Member

ricklar wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:08 pm Or you can use the EsNoteEditor in EsFile Explore with Root access On, and add the nosleep line to an existing script. I believe there is a script called 'AmlogicTune' in init.d that has same command line formating, then every boot the command will be enabled, so just insert this:

Code: Select all

echo nosleep > /sys/power/wake_lock
Hi Mate! after all my Problems ..I thought I was out of the woods .....So after sorting out the PSU problem ...I am no facing the problem with the remote control.
I had never experienced this previously ..so somehow it`s reared it`s ugly head in my direction. :-.
No the remote control works fine...and I can put the box to sleep...But are unable to power the box backup....
I have searched through the forums.... So I changed the remote.config with the stock making sure permission where correct and still no go.
I noticed your post mentioning ( 'AmlogicTune' in init.d ) and can not find this script file anywhere on the root of the device... I have looked in etc directory in init.d folder and nothing there even remotely resembles that file name. I cannot find this file AmlogicTune anywhere ..I looked everywhere I can think ,I have es-file explorer set to Root and show all system and hidden folders and files.
I really need your help again Mate! .....Sorry to be a Burden. But your fix seems the most logical to me considering it`s a permanent fix unlike the other makeshift fix`s which need re-applying if the box is restarted....Something I really do not want as this will be my daughters box.... So this needs to be perfect. with a trouble free remote.

Thank you for any help or advice you can offer.

Best Regards,
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

dankell wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:01 am
ricklar wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:08 pm Or you can use the EsNoteEditor in EsFile Explore with Root access On, and add the nosleep line to an existing script. I believe there is a script called 'AmlogicTune' in init.d that has same command line formating, then every boot the command will be enabled, so just insert this:

Hi Mate! after all my Problems ..I thought I was out of the woods .....So after sorting out the PSU problem ...I am no facing the problem with the remote control.
I had never experienced this previously ..so somehow it`s reared it`s ugly head in my direction. :-.
No the remote control works fine...and I can put the box to sleep...But are unable to power the box backup....
I have searched through the forums.... So I changed the remote.config with the stock making sure permission where correct and still no go.
I noticed your post mentioning ( 'AmlogicTune' in init.d ) and can not find this script file anywhere on the root of the device... I have looked in etc directory in init.d folder and nothing there even remotely resembles that file name. I cannot find this file AmlogicTune anywhere ..I looked everywhere I can think ,I have es-file explorer set to Root and show all system and hidden folders and files.
I really need your help again Mate! .....Sorry to be a Burden. But your fix seems the most logical to me considering it`s a permanent fix unlike the other makeshift fix`s which need re-applying if the box is restarted....Something I really do not want as this will be my daughters box.... So this needs to be perfect. with a trouble free remote.

Thank you for any help or advice you can offer.

Best Regards,
Just put that line somewhere in between the preinstall script or any script in /etc/init.d
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
ricklar

dankell wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:01 am
ricklar wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:08 pm so just insert this:

I really need your help again Mate! .....Sorry to be a Burden.
Since I don't run the standard scripts in either v2FF or v2H, I will upload my init.d folder in a zip file and you can use the whole folder, you will still have to add that line for the Sleep issue but at least I have the 'AmlogicTune' for you to add it in. Check the S912 forum will post new topic there....
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
KGWAY

bumerc wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:00 pm Problem
1. The supplied box remote control does not work after waking up from "sleep mode".
2. I have an Air Mouse, but waking the box from sleep mode does not work.

Workaround
We add the "nosleep" to Wakelocks.
Open the Android terminal and execute the following command:

or via the ADB-Shell session:

adb connect <box_ip_addr>:5555
adb shell
Enjoy!

- Use the arrow keys "Up and Down" to wake up from the Air Mouse.

Note - After a system restart, the Nosleep command must be entered repeatedly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT

If you want to enable the noosleep automatically, follow these steps (only for V2H):

adb shell
2. #Please copy this text completely and paste it in the terminal

cat > /system/etc/init.d/template << EOF
#!/system/bin/sh

# activate nosleep
echo nosleep > /sys/power/wake_lock && echo "nosleep is activated"
EOF

cd /system/etc/init.d && cp -a 01Preinstall 17resume_remote

cp template 17resume_remote && sleep 1 && rm template

reboot
Good day Team!
I have the same issue on Mecool KM6 Deluxe: remote control does not work after waking up from "deep sleep" - box is not waking up and not responding to remote control. Only power adapter unplug/plug-in helps to start box working.
Really, I do not have experience how to use the commands in the terminal. Can I reproduce it using PC?
Thanks for your help and support.
em3ka

KGWAY wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:34 am ...I do not have experience how to use the commands in the terminal...
Install/run Terminal Emulator app, and execute above command from command line...