[HELP] Trouble Reinstalling another ROM

TX3 Mini, X96 Mini, W95 to name a few...
EnDLesS
Answers: 0

Hi everyone,

I have a Vontar V1 which is a similar box as a Mecool M8S Pro in terms of specifications, ports, looks, motherboard etc. The box does not come with a reset button but the help of google, I managed to find the pins I could short to boot into recovery.

I installed Xperience 2FF rom using the SD burn tool successfully in first attempt. The process was smooth and I had no problems installing. However, from the first boot itself the ROM is unstable and keeps on freezing for a few seconds to a few minutes. The system also used to restart itself randomly shrinking the display to 2/3rd of the original size, though the controls worked basis the actual size of the screen and I can confirm this as a mouse was connected which I had to use because the file manager isn't usable by the remote d-pad. The ROM was so laggy and unstable and even juggling across the settings was a PIA. I have managed to reset the device once but that did not help.

I thought of trying the 2H rom but this is where the main problem came. I could no longer boot into recovery by shorting the pins. It simply doesn't even care about it and straight away boots into the system. I could not use the terminal emulator to command reboot recovery as the system was laggy as hell and when it worked, it never took any keyboard input. I also tried to flash the stock rom using same method. Finally, I managed to install a apk that helped me reboot into recovery. Upon reaching the recovery, I flashed the stock boot.img and logo.img. This is where the device stopped booting into the system at all and is always stuck on the stock boot logo screen.

Now, I have a device that doesn't boot into system and recovery/reset button doesn't work. I can try flashing with the USB flashing but every guide I see ask to boot the device into recovery mode.

Please tell me how do I make my device run again. Also, I have another question on USB burning/ flashing here. I know it requires a male to male usb cable but since I have a laptop with USB Type C. Can I use a USB to Type Cable to flash it? Since I can not even get into recovery, I can not confirm it.

PLEASE HELP !!
ricklar
Answers: 0

1) Did you use V2F for SCard method? You say "v2FF" which is not formatted for installation with SDcard methods.

2) A data cable adapter of USB-TypeC to USB-A should work normally, just make sure it is not a "charge only" cable.

3) Open Amlogic USB Burning Tool, load firmware, CLICK START, then Short the Pins while board is connected and powered from cable connected to laptop. PC should recognize box if you are using latest Tool version that installs correct Drivers when you install it first time. If burn error happens try again with this time plugging the DC cable into box after shorting the pins.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!