[HELP] x96 mini 2GB/16GB Red Light only After Flash

TX3 Mini, X96 Mini, W95 to name a few...
aian0306
Answers: 0

I will appreciate your assistance/help. I'm currenty lost and can't think of any solution. Good or bad comments, i will consider it as a gift. TIA

I bought a new x96 mini 2/16(supposed to be ,I'm not so sure)
I installed couple of applications to verify if it is a real 2'/16 device

-Diskinfo = 2/16
-Aid64 = 2/16
-CPUZ= 2/16
-FakeDeviceTest= 2/16
-RamTruth= 2/16

Every single one of them says it was 2GB/16GB device (I'm sure that it was 16 GB EMMC ,but i had my doubts with the ram)

We all know(atleast most of us will agree) that the stock firmware/rom installed is somewhat crap or I can say a PAIN in the ***. So I decided maybe I can replace the firmware instead(I know s905w isn't that great since it was S905x underpowered chip) but it is not that bad either.

I decided to Flash the ATVexperince(I'm not blaming anybody, this is my choice and action, so I'm the one to blame why my device was screwed up).

##########(side-story) While downloading the ATVexperience rom , I decided to try COREELEC , since it is available as Dual Boot, so I Flashed COREELEC in my spare SDCARD(sandisk Ultra 32gb)

Tried it on my x96 mini .
It won't boot at all(tried all DTB)

#########Back to the main story

Download was finished but I was doubting that there may be some error if i flash the ATVexperience since it wont Boot with COREELEC. I installed Terminal Emulator and checked the Device tree .

So ..I was in a trance when the result came out.
Terminal emulator says "gxl|_p281_1g"

Now I'm confused. But that did not stopped me from flashing the rom

And then that led me to "RED LIGHT NO BOOT" device .

I just wanna include that the device was still detectable by my PC/laptop But when Flashing it will indicate ERROR at 1%

My PC/laptop (i triied PC and laptop) can detect the device, I tried every sequence for flashing

-Load firmware -connect the device - Click Start = error @ 1%
-Load firmware -Click Start -Connect the Device = error @ 1%
-Connect the Device -Load firmware -Click Start = error @ 1%

I Tried
-Shorting Pin (even the device is detected)
-Reset Button - USB connect
-USB connect - Reset Button - Power Supply

Dragging this all way down, Still led me to Bricked device

PS: Tried Diffent Stock Firmware, no luck

-No Recovery
-NO SD boot

em3ka

aian0306 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:28 am ...I decided to try COREELEC , since it is available as Dual Boot...
What do you mean by dual boot, did you writen CE to eMMC ?
Try boot CE with gxl_p281_1g dtb and report how it goes.
aian0306

em3ka wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:23 am
aian0306 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:28 am ...I decided to try COREELEC , since it is available as Dual Boot...
What do you mean by dual boot, did you writen CE to eMMC ?
Try boot CE with gxl_p281_1g dtb and report how it goes.
Dual Boot, Means I can Boot Android or CoreElec . That means no, I didn't Flash/write the CoreElec in EMMC.
I just Flashed the CoreElec to the SD card , and Whenever I want to Run CoreElec system, I just need to boot the device to recovery ,as long as the SD card was inserted in the Media Box(and you boot to recovery) , It will run CoreElec. And if I want to Run Android(Device native firmware/Custom android tv rom) all i need to do is either 1. Turn off the Device ,remove SD card , and power on the device .... or 2. There's an option in CoreELec where you can reboot directly to android w/o removing the SDcard.

I know this process because I have MXQ pro 4k S905x(4yo still kicking) and I run Dual Boot in this device(until I felt that CoreElec is more Reliable that it's android Rom)...

and for the Device Tree. YES i tried them all. p281_1g and p281_2g. i even tried p212_1g and p212_2g since I read in some forums that there some s905x chip in this box, although I saw on the chip itself that it was s905w(no harm in trying O:-) ) thanks for the suggestion

I hope I answered your question. If not, please feel free to clarify things. ;) ;)
em3ka

That with dual boot CE is self explanatory.
There are some X96 mini's with (mostly) Samsung NAND, that are un-bricable, read more in topic on 4PDA here.
aian0306

em3ka wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:35 pm That with dual boot CE is self explanatory.
There are some X96 mini's with (mostly) Samsung NAND, that are un-bricable, read more in topic on 4PDA here.
I've been there as well. read about how the Chip are not compatible , my chip was not included in the list. I do, however, Tried searching for SEC 812 . no results at all . i guess this is hopeless for now , .
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

aian0306 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:28 am -Load firmware -connect the device - Click Start = error @ 1%
Your board (bootloader) is apparently encrypted, in this case you can only install stock FW. Post uart-log for more details. Please note that - all further questions and answers without a log will not be accepted, if they are not complied with, the topic will be closed. Thx
fikye

Me paso algo similar al instalar ATVX en mi x96 mini, ya no me lo detectaba el usb burning tool, al intentar instalar coreelec en la emmc ya no iniciaba de modo normal, solo se podia iniciar coreelec desde una microsd, hasta que un dia en lugar de reiniciar en modo normal, reinicie en modo nand desde esa vez ya no inicia el boot normal ni el boot de la microsd ni tampoco lo reconoce la pc
Translation
SPOILER_SHOW
Something similar happened to me when installing ATVX on my x96 mini, the usb burning tool no longer detected it, when trying to install coreelec in the emmc it no longer started normally, you could only start coreelec from a microsd, until one day in Instead of rebooting in normal mode, reboot in nand mode from that time it no longer starts the normal boot or the microsd boot nor does the pc recognize it