BRICKED x96 Mini, no recovery, reset won't work!

TX3 Mini, X96 Mini, W95 to name a few...
Post Reply
JG420
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:06 am

BRICKED x96 Mini, no recovery, reset won't work!

Post by JG420 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:06 am

Hey there!

I somehow managed to red light brick my x96 mini s905 1gb/8gb, p282 board!
Now the reset button does nothing. I can't boot from any Burn Cards I've made.
Using USB Burn Tool, yields an error at 4% (for every ROM I try including stock rom)
I now have to short the pins to get my pc to even recognize the box and when it does, it fails at 4% in usb burn tools. No matter what settings I use (erase bootloader, erase flash ect)

I've been told these amlogic devices are next to impossible to actually KILL! So is there anyone around XDA that can guide me here?
I'm not new to flashing ROMs (been doing it since my samsung s3 lol) and I have flashed plenty of android boxes without error until this one!
I have a feeling I somehow deleted the bootloader! WHAT DO I DO NOW?!?!

Thanks in advance. Hopefully I've given enough information.
Attachments
x96error.jpg

User avatar
Nayam
Administrator & Developer
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:58 pm
Location: Behind You!
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 59 times
Contact:

Post by Nayam » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:27 pm

JG420 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:06 am
Hey there!

I somehow managed to red light brick my x96 mini s905 1gb/8gb, p282 board!
Now the reset button does nothing. I can't boot from any Burn Cards I've made.
Using USB Burn Tool, yields an error at 4% (for every ROM I try including stock rom)
I now have to short the pins to get my pc to even recognize the box and when it does, it fails at 4% in usb burn tools. No matter what settings I use (erase bootloader, erase flash ect)

I've been told these amlogic devices are next to impossible to actually KILL! So is there anyone around XDA that can guide me here?
I'm not new to flashing ROMs (been doing it since my samsung s3 lol) and I have flashed plenty of android boxes without error until this one!
I have a feeling I somehow deleted the bootloader! WHAT DO I DO NOW?!?!

Thanks in advance. Hopefully I've given enough information.
Incompatible Uboot. You can't flash p281 rom on p282.
The x96 mini you have is a fake one if it has s905 instead of s905w and p281.
Try other s905 roms.
HELP OTHERS
EARN RESPECT

MystikMunk420
Verified Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:50 pm
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 1 time

Post by MystikMunk420 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:44 am

Nayam wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:27 pm
JG420 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:06 am
Hey there!

I somehow managed to red light brick my x96 mini s905 1gb/8gb, p282 board!
Now the reset button does nothing. I can't boot from any Burn Cards I've made.
Using USB Burn Tool, yields an error at 4% (for every ROM I try including stock rom)
I now have to short the pins to get my pc to even recognize the box and when it does, it fails at 4% in usb burn tools. No matter what settings I use (erase bootloader, erase flash ect)

I've been told these amlogic devices are next to impossible to actually KILL! So is there anyone around XDA that can guide me here?
I'm not new to flashing ROMs (been doing it since my samsung s3 lol) and I have flashed plenty of android boxes without error until this one!
I have a feeling I somehow deleted the bootloader! WHAT DO I DO NOW?!?!

Thanks in advance. Hopefully I've given enough information.
Incompatible Uboot. You can't flash p281 rom on p282.
The x96 mini you have is a fake one if it has s905 instead of s905w and p281.
Try other s905 roms.
I haven't tried any s905 ROMs but I did take off the heat sink and take a look...it definitely says s905w right on the cpu...I'm still going to attempt to flash am s905 ROM just to see what happens.
8) 8)MystikMunk420 8) 8)

User avatar
Nayam
Administrator & Developer
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:58 pm
Location: Behind You!
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 59 times
Contact:

Post by Nayam » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:28 pm

MystikMunk420 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:44 am
Nayam wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:27 pm
JG420 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:06 am
Hey there!

I somehow managed to red light brick my x96 mini s905 1gb/8gb, p282 board!
Now the reset button does nothing. I can't boot from any Burn Cards I've made.
Using USB Burn Tool, yields an error at 4% (for every ROM I try including stock rom)
I now have to short the pins to get my pc to even recognize the box and when it does, it fails at 4% in usb burn tools. No matter what settings I use (erase bootloader, erase flash ect)

I've been told these amlogic devices are next to impossible to actually KILL! So is there anyone around XDA that can guide me here?
I'm not new to flashing ROMs (been doing it since my samsung s3 lol) and I have flashed plenty of android boxes without error until this one!
I have a feeling I somehow deleted the bootloader! WHAT DO I DO NOW?!?!

Thanks in advance. Hopefully I've given enough information.
Incompatible Uboot. You can't flash p281 rom on p282.
The x96 mini you have is a fake one if it has s905 instead of s905w and p281.
Try other s905 roms.
I haven't tried any s905 ROMs but I did take off the heat sink and take a look...it definitely says s905w right on the cpu...I'm still going to attempt to flash am s905 ROM just to see what happens.
If it says s905w, it is p281 board.
You probably have a box which uses filesystem integrity and restricts new different uboot.
Do you have the stock rom?
HELP OTHERS
EARN RESPECT

MystikMunk420
Verified Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:50 pm
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 1 time

Post by MystikMunk420 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 am

@Nayam unfortunately I do not have the stock ROM. Oddly enough I did manage to flash a ROM that works perfectly. But it definitely isn't Atvxperience :(
I'd still like to get that on the box.
I saw someone on an XDA thread that managed to flash the ROM I'm mentioning so I gave it a shot on my x96 mini that says s905w on the chip and it worked! The ROM is labelled as:
T95R-905WB-1G8G-TW00023-R1648
flashed to my x96 mini without issue. Wifi works. Ethernet works.
But it appears to be a generic MBOX firmware (MBOX boot logo)
Given this new information is there a ROM of atvx that would flash to this box?
8) 8)MystikMunk420 8) 8)

User avatar
Nayam
Administrator & Developer
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:58 pm
Location: Behind You!
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 59 times
Contact:

Post by Nayam » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:37 am

MystikMunk420 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 am
@Nayam unfortunately I do not have the stock ROM. Oddly enough I did manage to flash a ROM that works perfectly. But it definitely isn't Atvxperience :(
I'd still like to get that on the box.
I saw someone on an XDA thread that managed to flash the ROM I'm mentioning so I gave it a shot on my x96 mini that says s905w on the chip and it worked! The ROM is labelled as:
T95R-905WB-1G8G-TW00023-R1648
flashed to my x96 mini without issue. Wifi works. Ethernet works.
But it appears to be a generic MBOX firmware (MBOX boot logo)
Given this new information is there a ROM of atvx that would flash to this box?
Send me the link of the ROM.
HELP OTHERS
EARN RESPECT

MystikMunk420
Verified Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:50 pm
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 1 time

Post by MystikMunk420 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:48 am

I got the ROM from this link but (at least on my phone) the link appears to be dead now...

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go ... %20sharing
8) 8)MystikMunk420 8) 8)

MystikMunk420
Verified Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:50 pm
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 1 time

Post by MystikMunk420 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:49 am

Here is the thread from XDA...I am JG420 in this thread.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/androi ... d-t3868655
8) 8)MystikMunk420 8) 8)

MystikMunk420
Verified Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:50 pm
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 1 time

Post by MystikMunk420 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:14 am

@Nayam
Any ideas?

User avatar
AxEgo
Verified Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 am
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Post by AxEgo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:59 pm

MystikMunk420 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:48 am
I got the ROM from this link but (at least on my phone) the link appears to be dead now...

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go ... %20sharing
The link works for me:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gMm_7a ... QLBGf/view
X96 Mini - S905W - 2/16GB ATVXperience v2F

Post Reply