[HELP] Impossible to make my IR controller work

TX3 Mini, X96 Mini, W95 to name a few...
delllatitude
Answers: 0

Hello,

I have been already looking for this information for a while, but don't manage to make the IR controller work.

I have what I guess it is a clone of a S905W model. It came with whatever android version and I flashed it to atvX with android 7.1.2. When I did it, the IR controller didn't work either. However, after checking the internet, I managed to modify the remote.conf under /system/etc/ to make it work properly.

I got the required codes with the terminal, dmesg and so on.

I have now flashed the atvX with android 9. The IR remote doesn't work again. Again, I check some information online. I see that now the file to change is /vendor/etc/remote.tab1. OK, I modify it with my old remote.conf and I place the old remote.conf into /system/etc/, just to be sure.

I go into the terminal and do:
su
dmesg -c
(I press some button in the remote)
dmesg

In the output I see:
invalid custom 0xf906df00

OK, that is weird. My old factory_code in the remote.conf was 0xdf000001, and those values should apparently match. So I change it to fit in the remote.tab1 file.

Still doesn't work. I check again the dmesg output and still see:
invalid custom 0xf906df00

Even more interesting, if I press the power button in the remote, another "invalid custom" number comes up, which I really don't understand.

The remote controller I have:

Any help would be appreciated. I have been checking this tutorial, but seems complicated to create a .kl file. Plus I don't know if that is even required.

Thank you very much!
em3ka

delllatitude wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:18 pm ...My old factory_code in the remote.conf was 0xdf000001, and those values should apparently match. So I change it to fit in the remote.tab1 file...
Try this remote.tab file (has same remote code) :point_down:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2451&p=14190&hilit=a95x+blue#p14190
delllatitude

em3ka, thank you very much!

I have wasted so much time with this.

You know well your stuff...