atvXperience v3 Feature Request

Section for discussions about the project. Hear directly from Admins and Moderators.
Locked
canbonbon
Verified Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:40 pm

atvXperience v3 Feature Request

#41

Post by canbonbon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:36 pm

Nayam wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:12 pm
canbonbon wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:29 pm
Just realized that you did not put S905X on that initial list of processors. Can you please add support for S905X? Thanks. Also, by any chance, do you have any ETA on when you plan to put out first builds of V3?
S905X will probably get oreo so that's why I didn't mention it.
I can't give any eta because of my ongoing exams and the time it takes to clean out the mess left by amlogic in the sdk
First of all, good luck for your exams, I am sure you'd do well.

About V3, I am so confused now. I thought V3 was Oreo based. So what do you mean s905x will get Oreo? Wouldn't all of them get Oreo when you do builds for V3?

Nayam
Administrator & Developer
Posts: 1240
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:58 pm
Has thanked: 178 times
Been thanked: 345 times
Contact:

#42

Post by Nayam » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:42 pm

canbonbon wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:36 pm
Nayam wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:12 pm
canbonbon wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:29 pm
Just realized that you did not put S905X on that initial list of processors. Can you please add support for S905X? Thanks. Also, by any chance, do you have any ETA on when you plan to put out first builds of V3?
S905X will probably get oreo so that's why I didn't mention it.
I can't give any eta because of my ongoing exams and the time it takes to clean out the mess left by amlogic in the sdk
First of all, good luck for your exams, I am sure you'd do well.

About V3, I am so confused now. I thought V3 was Oreo based. So what do you mean s905x will get Oreo? Wouldn't all of them get Oreo when you do builds for V3?
Thanks.
As of now, and probably forever, only S905X and S905X2 have oreo sdk available.
S905W, S912 are still stuck on nougat sdk BUT I've been trying to make *classified* changes to make oreo work on s905w and s912 and I've been finding interesting things so there's still hope.
Rest assured, the good experience is the priority, with or without oreo.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max

User avatar
SrWladimir
Verified Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:44 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 3 times

#43

Post by SrWladimir » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 pm

Nayam wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:42 pm
Thanks.
As of now, and probably forever, only S905X and S905X2 have oreo sdk available.
S905W, S912 are still stuck on nougat sdk BUT I've been trying to make *classified* changes to make oreo work on s905w and s912 and I've been finding interesting things so there's still hope.
Rest assured, the good experience is the priority, with or without oreo.
Good luck triying to make Oreo work on those boxes that are stuck in Nougat, but I have a question:
Image
In the page of Amlogic OpenLinux for some devices is available info for Android 9.0, in a future you can do something with it?
btw good luck with your exams too.

Nayam
Administrator & Developer
Posts: 1240
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:58 pm
Has thanked: 178 times
Been thanked: 345 times
Contact:

#44

Post by Nayam » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:06 pm

SrWladimir wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 pm
Nayam wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:42 pm
Thanks.
As of now, and probably forever, only S905X and S905X2 have oreo sdk available.
S905W, S912 are still stuck on nougat sdk BUT I've been trying to make *classified* changes to make oreo work on s905w and s912 and I've been finding interesting things so there's still hope.
Rest assured, the good experience is the priority, with or without oreo.
Good luck triying to make Oreo work on those boxes that are stuck in Nougat, but I have a question:
Image
In the page of Amlogic OpenLinux for some devices is available info for Android 9.0, in a future you can do something with it?
btw good luck with your exams too.
Thanks 😁
There's absolutely no need to get a separate sdk for Android 9.0 because 8.0 supports project treble.
Also, getting an sdk from amlogic takes months because of all the formalities they ask for.
So when we release 8.0, you'll be sure to get 9.0 as well , Carmine is working hard on those builds.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max

User avatar
AxEgo
Experienced Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 28 times

#45

Post by AxEgo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:38 am

For me, it really doesn't matter which version of Android the rom uses, as long as the box if responsive. I'm my opinion, later versions just become more and more bloated with features you don't need (and slower because you need a faster cpu to handle the bigger OS)
X96 Mini - S905W - 2/16GB ATVXperience v2F

User avatar
SrWladimir
Verified Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:44 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 3 times

#46

Post by SrWladimir » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:10 am

AxEgo wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:38 am
For me, it really doesn't matter which version of Android the rom uses, as long as the box if responsive. I'm my opinion, later versions just become more and more bloated with features you don't need (and slower because you need a faster cpu to handle the bigger OS)
Personally I think if the ROM is well developed and well updated by the developers, the performance loss will be not even noticeable, sadly like in most phones there is a 80% of chance that the performance loss will be worse than a stock firmware with a shitload of bloatware from *insert literally any telecommunication company*

erufenix
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:00 pm

#47

Post by erufenix » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:32 pm

My feature list:
  • Amazon Prime Video
  • Changed Wallpaper
  • Dark mode
  • Support for Bluetooth Speakers

blucas73
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:34 am
Has thanked: 1 time

#48

Post by blucas73 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:22 am

support for s905-h please

Pandusagar
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:15 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

#49

Post by Pandusagar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:08 am

Plese add screen cast and screen mirror suport my device tanix tx8 max

Nambisan
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:57 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

#50

Post by Nambisan » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:21 am

I would like Miracast built into the rom.

Locked