Is atvXperience compatible with BM8 ???

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
Post Reply
BM8_owner
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:26 pm

Is atvXperience compatible with BM8 ???

Post by BM8_owner » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Is atvXperience compatible with BM8???

Has anyone successfully flashed atvX 2H 2019 - The Final (latest atvXperience for S905X) into the BM8 android TV box?

My worry is that I cannot find the stock .img for my BM8 in the Internet so if I brick it, I won't be able to restore/unbrick it.

*This device is different with BM8 Pro (as BM8 Pro has Amlogic S912)

Below are the specs of the device:
Specification

General
Model: BM8
Color: Black

System
Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
CPU: Amlogic S905X Cortex A53 Processor 1.5GHz
GPU: Penta-Core ARM Mali-450
RAM: 2GB DDR3
ROM: 32GB EMMC

Communication
Wifi Connectivity: 2.4G &5G WiFi Support IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac BCM4335
Ethernet: 10/100M
Language: English/French/German/Spanish/Italian/ etc multilateral languages
Bluetooth: V4.0
Camera: N/A

Media
Video Supported
UHD 4K 60fps HW decoding, supports multiple formats including H.265 10-bit, H.264 and AVS+
FHD 1080p 60fps HW encoding, supports H.264

Video Decoding:
VP9 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
H.265 HEVC MP-10@L5.1 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
H.264 AVC HP@L5.1 up to 4Kx2K@30fps
H.264 MVC up to 1080P@60fps
MPEG-4 ASP@L5 up to 1080P@60fps
WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP up to 1080P@60fps
AVS-P16(AVS+)/AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile up to l080P@60fps
MPEG-2 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps(ISO-13818)
MPEG-1 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps(ISO-11172)
RealVideo 8/9/10 up to 080P@60fps
WebM up to VGA
Multiple language and multiple format sub-title video support

Video Post-Processing Engine:
Supports HDR10 and HLG HDR processing
Motion adaptive 3D noise reduction filter
Advanced motion adaptive edge enhancing de-interlacing engine
3:2 pull-down support
Programmable poly-phase scalar for both horizontal and vertical dimension for zoom and windowing
Programmable color management filter(to enhance blue,green,red,face and other colors)
Dynamic Non-Linear Luma filter
Deblocking filters
Programmable color matrix pipeline
video mixer: 2 video planes and 2 graphics planes per video output

Video Output:
Built-in HD 2.0b transmitter including both controller and PHY with CEC,HDR and HDCP 2.2,4Kx2K@60 max resolution output
CVBS 480i/576i standard definition output
Supports and standard SD/HD/FHD video output formats: 480i/p,576i/p,720p,1080i/p and 4Kx2K

Audio Supported Audio Decoder and Input/Output
Supports MP3,AAC,WMA,RM,FLAC,Ogg and programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing
12S audio interface supporting 2-channel input and 8-channel(7.1) output
Built-in serial digital audio SPDIF/IEC958 output and PCM input/output
Built-in stereo audio DAC
Stereo digital microphone PDM input
Supports concurrent dual audio stereo channel output with combination of analog+PCM or I2S+PCM
Picture Supported
MJPEG and JPEG unlimited pixel resolution decoding(ISO/IEC-10918)
Supports JPEG thumbnail,scaling,rotation and transition effects
Supports*.mkv,*.wmv,*.mpeg,*.dat,*.avi,*.iso,*mp4,*.rm and*.jpg file formats
3D OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 and Open VG 1.1 support
KODI KODI 17.0 version
DRM Optional :Microsoft Playready,Verimatrix ,Google Widevine Level1

Interfaces
HDMI Port Standard HDMI 2.0
Other Interfaces 1* HDMI 2.0 output 4K*2K @ 60Hz
2* High speed USB 2.0,support U DISK and USB HDD
1* TF CARD Support 1~32GB
1* 3.5 Phone out CVBS&L/R output
1* RJ45 LAN Ethernet 10M/100M

Other Features
Pre-installed Apps ES File Explorer , Google Search, Google Maps, Browser, Gallery, Clock, Play Store , Calculator, Calendar, Video, Email, Gmail
Other Functions Network Function: VUDU,Miracast,XBMC,Airplay,Skype chatting,Picasa,Youtube,Flicker,Facebook,Online movies,etc.
Other feature: Free Internet searching,thousands of android applications,many kinds of games,etc.
Power DC5V 2A(100-240V,50/60Hz);Power ON :blue; Standby :Red

Package Contents
1 x TV box
1 x IR Remote control
1 x HDMI cable
1 x Power adapter
1 x User manual

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Nayam
Administrator & Developer
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:58 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 74 times
Contact:

Post by Nayam » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:56 am

BM8_owner wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 pm
Is atvXperience compatible with BM8???

Has anyone successfully flashed atvX 2H 2019 - The Final (latest atvXperience for S905X) into the BM8 android TV box?

My worry is that I cannot find the stock .img for my BM8 in the Internet so if I brick it, I won't be able to restore/unbrick it.

*This device is different with BM8 Pro (as BM8 Pro has Amlogic S912)

Below are the specs of the device:
Specification

General
Model: BM8
Color: Black

System
Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
CPU: Amlogic S905X Cortex A53 Processor 1.5GHz
GPU: Penta-Core ARM Mali-450
RAM: 2GB DDR3
ROM: 32GB EMMC

Communication
Wifi Connectivity: 2.4G &5G WiFi Support IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac BCM4335
Ethernet: 10/100M
Language: English/French/German/Spanish/Italian/ etc multilateral languages
Bluetooth: V4.0
Camera: N/A

Media
Video Supported
UHD 4K 60fps HW decoding, supports multiple formats including H.265 10-bit, H.264 and AVS+
FHD 1080p 60fps HW encoding, supports H.264

Video Decoding:
VP9 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
H.265 HEVC MP-10@L5.1 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
H.264 AVC HP@L5.1 up to 4Kx2K@30fps
H.264 MVC up to 1080P@60fps
MPEG-4 ASP@L5 up to 1080P@60fps
WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP up to 1080P@60fps
AVS-P16(AVS+)/AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile up to l080P@60fps
MPEG-2 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps(ISO-13818)
MPEG-1 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps(ISO-11172)
RealVideo 8/9/10 up to 080P@60fps
WebM up to VGA
Multiple language and multiple format sub-title video support

Video Post-Processing Engine:
Supports HDR10 and HLG HDR processing
Motion adaptive 3D noise reduction filter
Advanced motion adaptive edge enhancing de-interlacing engine
3:2 pull-down support
Programmable poly-phase scalar for both horizontal and vertical dimension for zoom and windowing
Programmable color management filter(to enhance blue,green,red,face and other colors)
Dynamic Non-Linear Luma filter
Deblocking filters
Programmable color matrix pipeline
video mixer: 2 video planes and 2 graphics planes per video output

Video Output:
Built-in HD 2.0b transmitter including both controller and PHY with CEC,HDR and HDCP 2.2,4Kx2K@60 max resolution output
CVBS 480i/576i standard definition output
Supports and standard SD/HD/FHD video output formats: 480i/p,576i/p,720p,1080i/p and 4Kx2K

Audio Supported Audio Decoder and Input/Output
Supports MP3,AAC,WMA,RM,FLAC,Ogg and programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing
12S audio interface supporting 2-channel input and 8-channel(7.1) output
Built-in serial digital audio SPDIF/IEC958 output and PCM input/output
Built-in stereo audio DAC
Stereo digital microphone PDM input
Supports concurrent dual audio stereo channel output with combination of analog+PCM or I2S+PCM
Picture Supported
MJPEG and JPEG unlimited pixel resolution decoding(ISO/IEC-10918)
Supports JPEG thumbnail,scaling,rotation and transition effects
Supports*.mkv,*.wmv,*.mpeg,*.dat,*.avi,*.iso,*mp4,*.rm and*.jpg file formats
3D OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 and Open VG 1.1 support
KODI KODI 17.0 version
DRM Optional :Microsoft Playready,Verimatrix ,Google Widevine Level1

Interfaces
HDMI Port Standard HDMI 2.0
Other Interfaces 1* HDMI 2.0 output 4K*2K @ 60Hz
2* High speed USB 2.0,support U DISK and USB HDD
1* TF CARD Support 1~32GB
1* 3.5 Phone out CVBS&L/R output
1* RJ45 LAN Ethernet 10M/100M

Other Features
Pre-installed Apps ES File Explorer , Google Search, Google Maps, Browser, Gallery, Clock, Play Store , Calculator, Calendar, Video, Email, Gmail
Other Functions Network Function: VUDU,Miracast,XBMC,Airplay,Skype chatting,Picasa,Youtube,Flicker,Facebook,Online movies,etc.
Other feature: Free Internet searching,thousands of android applications,many kinds of games,etc.
Power DC5V 2A(100-240V,50/60Hz);Power ON :blue; Standby :Red

Package Contents
1 x TV box
1 x IR Remote control
1 x HDMI cable
1 x Power adapter
1 x User manual

Image
Image
Image
Should work, but keep the stock firmware handy if anything goes wrong.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!

bumerc
Moderator
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:19 pm
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Post by bumerc » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:15 am

BM8_owner wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 pm
My worry is that I cannot find the stock .img for my BM8 in the Internet so if I brick it, I won't be able to restore/unbrick it.
Install LibreElec or CoreElec on the SD card and simply dump each partition with DD, then a full * .img of your original FW can be built. :)

User avatar
Nayam
Administrator & Developer
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:58 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 74 times
Contact:

Post by Nayam » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:04 pm

bumerc wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:15 am
BM8_owner wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 pm
My worry is that I cannot find the stock .img for my BM8 in the Internet so if I brick it, I won't be able to restore/unbrick it.
Install LibreElec or CoreElec on the SD card and simply dump each partition with DD, then a full * .img of your original FW can be built. :)
Can the linux distro be used to backup uboot?
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!

bumerc
Moderator
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:19 pm
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Post by bumerc » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:45 pm

Nayam wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:04 pm
bumerc wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:15 am
BM8_owner wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 pm
My worry is that I cannot find the stock .img for my BM8 in the Internet so if I brick it, I won't be able to restore/unbrick it.
Install LibreElec or CoreElec on the SD card and simply dump each partition with DD, then a full * .img of your original FW can be built. :)
Can the linux distro be used to backup uboot?
Yes

Henryfotly
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by Henryfotly » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:29 pm

Is Polar H10 compatible with PM5? I only heard about compatibility of H7 with PM5 but not the H10. And can I use this HR-meter both with PM5 and iPhone at the same time?

bumerc
Moderator
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:19 pm
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Post by bumerc » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:38 am

Henryfotly wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:29 pm
Is Polar H10 compatible with PM5? I only heard about compatibility of H7 with PM5 but not the H10. And can I use this HR-meter both with PM5 and iPhone at the same time?
Polar H10?
PM5?
HR-meter?

Post Reply