[ROM] atvXperience v3wip - TX5 Pro and other devices

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
bumerc
Administrator & Developer
Answers: 0

tOz666 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:27 am How can you boot recovery and/or install TWRP and root with magisk?

I've tried to boot the "aosp recovery" using the holding reset button method and it boots straight to the main ROM not recovery.
Also putting recovery.img on a sdcard and booting doesn't work

I could try to unpack the rom and put twrp recovery on it using amlogic tools but I suspect it won't work as I couldn't even boot aosp recovery using reset method.
It sounds like a non-functioning reset button. Establish an adb connection and try to enter recovery mode:

Code: Select all

adb connect <box-ip-addr>:5555

adb reboot recovery
Or wait for the next update with pre-installed supersu
tOz666

bumerc wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:18 am
tOz666 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:27 am How can you boot recovery and/or install TWRP and root with magisk?

I've tried to boot the "aosp recovery" using the holding reset button method and it boots straight to the main ROM not recovery.

I could try to unpack the rom and put twrp recovery on it using amlogic tools but I suspect it won't work as I couldn't even boot aosp recovery using reset method.
It sounds like a non-functioning reset button. Establish an adb connection and try to enter recovery mode:

adb reboot recovery
Thanks, but my reset button is working. I've tried it yesterday with another ROM to boot into it's recovery prior to flashing, and also I've flashed this ROM with amlogic USB flasher pushing the reset button while putting a male-male USB cable

As for the ADB command, I will try it, but "reboot recovery" on the terminal app Termux gave me "permission denied".
Nayam

tOz666 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:47 am
bumerc wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:18 am

adb reboot recovery
Thanks, but my reset button is working. I've tried it yesterday with another ROM to boot into it's recovery prior to flashing, and also I've flashed this ROM with amlogic USB flasher pushing the reset button while putting a male-male USB cable

As for the ADB command, I will try it, but "reboot recovery" on the terminal app Termux gave me "permission denied".
Yes that build is a bit buggy. That's why it's W.I.P.
I'll post another build soon but first have to release for S905W
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
soldiaz
Expert Member

[mention]bumerc[/mention] thanks for the offer Ill try replacing files first!

replaced all indicated files using latest Amlogic customization tool.
Last edited by soldiaz on Tue May 28, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soldiaz
Expert Member

[mention]bumerc[/mention] : pretty weired: Box' light turns from red to blue now but still black screen only. I plugged to TV and projector, tested 2 devices..
bumerc

soldiaz wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:51 pm pretty weired: Box' light turns from red to blue now but still black screen only. I plugged to TV and projector, tested 2 devices..
I have not tested this build, I need logs to understand where the bug might be.
strangerlover

Hi, thanks for the great work.
I've just installed it with no problem on a Mini M8S Pro T95N S905X 2Gb 8GB, WIFI SCI 9082c
WIFI is not being recognized, can you make some patch for this wifi modules.....
barciol

[mention]Nayam[/mention] in my device not working WiFi, Bluetooth and IR remote control.
I have original drivers (BT and WIFI) for my devices, but after pushed still BT and WiFi not working.
Can you help me?
soldiaz
Expert Member

It is said that only LAN is working..
guimex

Does anyone know how put remote.conf on this release ?