[HELP] SD card won't install

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
bsell1
Answers: 0

Thanks in advance for any help. Tried the USB burning tool and the male to male cable on 2 different computers(win 8 and win 10) for my x96 box. Nothing worked so used the SD burning tool to burn the image onto a blank SD card. When I insert into box and reset and power on, it just opens up the reset menu, with this error "E:/ cant find /misc". Any idea what I am doing wrong?
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

bsell1 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:15 pm Thanks in advance for any help. Tried the USB burning tool and the male to male cable on 2 different computers(win 8 and win 10) for my x96 box. Nothing worked so used the SD burning tool to burn the image onto a blank SD card. When I insert into box and reset and power on, it just opens up the reset menu, with this error "E:/ cant find /misc". Any idea what I am doing wrong?
You need to enable the "erase flash" option
bsell1

no, it was that the SD card was not formated as FAT 32. That did the trick. Thanks for your help, though.
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

bsell1 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:03 pm no, it was that the SD card was not formated as FAT 32. That did the trick. Thanks for your help, though.
The FAT partition is only relevant for uboot and has no direct impact on Android partitions like "misc". If you use an unformatted SD card for an update, the bootloader can not read any data from it. This means that your bootloader was unable to read the aml_sdc_burn.ini and, accordingly, has not received a command to erase eMMC memory. Therefore you got an error after the reboot with undiscovered "misc" partition. :) If you had used ABT, you would only have to tick the "erase flash" and that would solve the problem.