[HELP] Bricked S905X

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
hroldan
Answers: 0

Hi, tried to upgrade my device, didn't work.

First I prepared TRWP to create a backup, success!.
Tried restoring the backup to check if that was actually working. Success!
Always backup before doing anything else.

Yes, pressed the reset button, enter recovery, etc, it all works. Also tried the Amlogic USB burning tool, my device was detected but didn't try to flash anything there, just checking before doing anything else.

OK
Downloaded one firmware from this site, prepared the SD card, tried booting and no luck, android logo in gray appeared with an X, I understand that wasn't a compatible firmware. So I downloaded another from here, tried the same and nothing happened, the device just turned on, then off, no video, no nothing.

Since then none of the led lights turn on. I can't get into recovery (TRWP), so my backup is useless. Tried the USB burning tool and after some trial and error finally the box was detected but can't flash anything, I get low power errors (fixed) and now I get:

0x10102002 Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize PPL/USB control setup error
0x10105002 Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB control setup error

I guess the bootloader is corrupt because I can't even use any other recovery method. Device bricked. Posting this for information purposes, I knew the risks, any help will be appreciated.
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

hroldan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:11 pm Hi, tried to upgrade my device, didn't work.

First I prepared TRWP to create a backup, success!.
Tried restoring the backup to check if that was actually working. Success!
Always backup before doing anything else.

Yes, pressed the reset button, enter recovery, etc, it all works. Also tried the Amlogic USB burning tool, my device was detected but didn't try to flash anything there, just checking before doing anything else.

OK
Downloaded one firmware from this site, prepared the SD card, tried booting and no luck, android logo in gray appeared with an X, I understand that wasn't a compatible firmware. So I downloaded another from here, tried the same and nothing happened, the device just turned on, then off, no video, no nothing.

Since then none of the led lights turn on. I can't get into recovery (TRWP), so my backup is useless. Tried the USB burning tool and after some trial and error finally the box was detected but can't flash anything, I get low power errors (fixed) and now I get:

0x10102002 Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize PPL/USB control setup error
0x10105002 Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB control setup error

I guess the bootloader is corrupt because I can't even use any other recovery method. Device bricked. Posting this for information purposes, I knew the risks, any help will be appreciated.
You didn't mention your device and you're probably using the wrong Img file.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
hroldan

Nayam wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:13 pm You didn't mention your device and you're probably using the wrong Img file.
It's identified as Amlogic also S905X. Other than that the USB identifies it as WorldCup. I have no other details as I've been unable to identify anything else (yes I used apps to try to but no luck). The device is a RadioShack P212. The information is not clear, my searches revealed very few results but they point confirming S905X (Amlogic).

Tried the S905X firmware (from this site) and didn't work, Android with X sign (this via SD card).

Then I tried the S912 and that's what caused the blink on the screen and brick. I have no leds on, no red, no green, nothing. But the device is identified y the Amlogic USB burning tool as functioning, it just fails to burn images/firmware.

Why did i try the s912? because I tried downloading as many boot (SD) images as possible to boot from and use TRWP and nothing worked until I found one identified as "boot for S912". It's the only one that worked, and that's how I made the backup.

If I could just restore the boot record. I used to be able to book into the TRWP using the SD card, but after the brick, not anymore. Any help will be appreciated.

My box has the processor covered with thermal paste and a heat sink, I have searched the web for any serial or words on the PCB and no luck. Just what I have here. :(
Nayam

hroldan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:22 pm
Nayam wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:13 pm You didn't mention your device and you're probably using the wrong Img file.
It's identified as Amlogic also S905X. Other than that the USB identifies it as WorldCup. I have no other details as I've been unable to identify anything else (yes I used apps to try to but no luck). The device is a RadioShack P212. The information is not clear, my searches revealed very few results but they point confirming S905X (Amlogic).

Tried the S905X firmware (from this site) and didn't work, Android with X sign (this via SD card).

Then I tried the S912 and that's what caused the blink on the screen and brick. I have no leds on, no red, no green, nothing. But the device is identified y the Amlogic USB burning tool as functioning, it just fails to burn images/firmware.

Why did i try the s912? because I tried downloading as many boot (SD) images as possible to boot from and use TRWP and nothing worked until I found one identified as "boot for S912". It's the only one that worked, and that's how I made the backup.

If I could just restore the boot record. I used to be able to book into the TRWP using the SD card, but after the brick, not anymore. Any help will be appreciated.

My box has the processor covered with thermal paste and a heat sink, I have searched the web for any serial or words on the PCB and no luck. Just what I have here. :(
Send clear pictures of the board and the ram chips and everything else
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
hroldan

I tried again. the specs (hardware, prints, codes) on the PCB are now included here. I removed the thermal paste on the processor, I can clearly read:

Amlogic S905X Quad Processor.

The back of the PCB shows ЯU (something like that) then F-D E351308
Below: FR-4 KB6160

There is a reset button on the board and it works to get the USB burning tool to recognize the device. I read about shorting some pins on the processor (for some devices) in my case the style of the chips leave no visible pins, no way I can short any of those pins. Besides, the board doesn't show the legs of the processor, it's a double sided board with components on both sides.

Tried again with the USB burning tool V2.1.6 from this website ATVXperience.
Just downloaded again the roms and tried two of them.

At this point I'm no longer at 1% with errors, I'm now at 4% progress with Switch Status Identify error. I'm currently downloading the other roms/firmwares found on this website that include the word S905X name.

atvXperience_S905X_V2H_FINAL tried with no luck
PROBOX2-EX_20150801 tried with no luck
atvXperience_S905X_V2H_A95X_FINAL tried with no luck

Those are the names of the actual image files already expanded (downloaded as rar, zip, or whatever). Those are firmware files downloaded from this website. There are only 1 pending, one having the W on the name. Downloading at the moment.

Will upload the pictures of the PC shortly

*** edited and Updated
hroldan

Here are the pictures
04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bumerc

hroldan
RAM chip and eMMC/Nand markings are not recognizable, so unfortunately we can not help you
hroldan

bumerc wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:13 am hroldan
RAM chip and eMMC/Nand markings are not recognizable, so unfortunately we can not help you
I just removed on sticker and took a closer look at the printed letters all over the chips, this is what I found in case it helps:

• Sold as Radioshack 4K Android 6.0. This is the picture [link]. I opened/removed disipator and thermal paste to identify.
  • Specs SOLDS as having 8G of space and 1G of RAM
  • Chip/ processor says Amlogic S905X Quad Core // J-TPS111 00 // B0DCOCN03210
  • 2 Additional chips identified as Kingston C703U2338.05 & D2516JC4BXGJD each ONE, meaning each chip has those printed letters. Found here on Kingston website and the PDF says it's 4G of DDR3/3L/RAM, I guess those chips are actually the internal space (4g+4g=8G?).
  • One additional chip (memory? with #1503251 G/01/A/987 and small letters KLM8G/GEME HSFL54AGP (appears to be eMMC samsung chip)
  • Can't see any other relevant chip except from network, realtek wifi, etc.
bumerc

hroldan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:54 pm KLM8G/GEME HSFL54AGP
They have 2x256MB = 512MB DDR3-1866 and Samsung eMMC memory. You need an extra build for 512MB RAM, atvXperience only supports devices starting at 1024MB and higher
hroldan

bumerc wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:54 pm
hroldan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:54 pm KLM8G/GEME HSFL54AGP
They have 2x256MB = 512MB DDR3-1866 and Samsung eMMC memory. You need an extra build for 512MB RAM, atvXperience only supports devices starting at 1024MB and higher
Thanks. The device is sold as 1G RAM, the system info (via apps) reported 1G RAM, but the device was too slow and erratic, that's why I wanted to try another rom. So actually I do believe what you say, I will keep looking for options. Any advice will be appreciated.