Reset button or skip?

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
BenjB
Answers: 0

Hello,

So I flashed the firmware via Card burn tool, on my S905X box, it flashed perfectly, I was able go through the setup wizard only using a USB Keyboard all the way to where it asks for WIFI (as the wifi drivers are not in the installation I could not skip this step).

So I re-packaged the image with the drivers needed but I am unable to boot into recovery, the reset button inside the AV port does not work, I immediately get the ATVXperience TVOS logo and then the google boot animation and it boots to the setup wizard.

I tried copying recovery.img into the SDcard, I tried copying recovery.img on a USB card, I tried flashing the device again but it does not work as the SDcard cant boot into the recovery.

any suggestions?
ricklar

Buy or borrow a USB-to-USB cable to install firmware with computer. See Tutorials section if need more info on installation.

I thought you were able to skip signing into internet during setup, been a long time since I booted the ROM from fresh install. Try doing setup with Ethernet connected instead of trying only with WiFi.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
BenjB

Ethernet works, I bought a cable will try to flash TWRP and let you guys know how it goes
manahtar

Had the same problem, so far usb to usb didnt fixed it, it got stuck in 4%.

edit: Hey guys, I can flash the oreo version of the S905x with no issue, but I have no wifi, I cant flash any other room now, I tried shorting the nand chip, but to no avail, it always boots up to the setup, or usb burning tool stucks at 4%

edit 2: nevermind, was just trying the wrong image, just because I thought the mega links were too old, works great on X96 S905x!