[HELP] Problem TX5 PRO with Kodi

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
wnocella
Answers: 0

Hi

By 1 year ago I use S905X_atvXperience_2FF 1G+2G.rar with Kodi 18.4

The problem I have is that after few days all-addons disappear and I have to reinstall Kodi from beginning.

Is there an other Rom to use with my TX5 Pro?

Thanks

Stefano
ricklar

Use LibreELEC or CoreELEC for Kodi, shouldn't have any problems. Just flash firmware to Micro SDcard that you will only use for your TV box and reboot device to the ELEC software whenever you are using Kodi. Info on both software's is available at their respective websites or forums. It is super easy to use their software, and you will have a better Kodi experience. *Note: LibreELEC is still supported for Amlogic by Balbes150 created images, so search LibreELEC forum for those.

Two problems I see:
1) Using Kodi in Android and not ELEC software. If want to do so, always make a back-up of your Kodi build/settings so you can reset it if you do lose your add-ons. (I personally only use Kodi as a Player in Android, not for Add-ons which I use CoreELEC for)
2) It sounds like a Kodi 18.4 software issue, you can roll back the update to 18.3; or I would just try the latest Nightly build of the 32-bit Kodi Android apk:
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
wnocella

As alternative is there an Android 8 or 9 ROM for TX5 Pro?

Thanks again

Stefano
em3ka

wnocella wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:20 am As alternative is there an Android 8 or 9 ROM for TX5 Pro?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1009