Magicsee N4 - Bricked - Red Light

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
Vinnie
Answers: 0

Hi,

Just tried flashing the atvXperience_s905x_v2E rom on this box (S905X, 2GB) using an microSD card.

After the flash I only have Red LED.

Using a USB A to USB A cable the PC does not recognise it, even tried shorting out the pins on the nand chip, still no joy, therefore cannot use USB Burning Tool, completely dead.

Anyone got any suggestions please?
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

Vinnie wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:53 pm Hi,

Just tried flashing the atvXperience_s905x_v2E rom on this box (S905X, 2GB) using an microSD card.

After the flash I only have Red LED.

Using a USB A to USB A cable the PC does not recognise it, even tried shorting out the pins on the nand chip, still no joy, therefore cannot use USB Burning Tool, completely dead.

Anyone got any suggestions please?
Shorting Nand works everytime, your box isn't bricked (yet). It might take multiple retries but it will work.
Also, don't flash atvx with usb burning tool, it won't work because n4 uses different uboot. Just flash original firmware.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
Vaant

I have the same box (N4) and ran into the exact same issue when I tried installing the same ROM via SD card (red light, not responsive etc).

Luckily I have been able to connect the box to my PC and my PC WAS able to recognize the box when shorting the pins. The box must be plugged into an outlet and use the USB port closest to the power supply. The two pins that worked for me were on the inside side of the NAND on the bottom right side, about 4 pins up.

I've not been able to locate the N4 original firmware so I wasn't able to reinstall it using USB Burning tool so i tried installing the firmware you released for the N5 (N5_atvXperience_s905x_v2F). That installed fine with no errors and was able to boot! So i'm now stuck at the language select screen... but the remote is unresponsive.

I'm quite new at this so any advice on where i should proceed would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

Vaant wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:25 pm I have the same box (N4) and ran into the exact same issue when I tried installing the same ROM via SD card (red light, not responsive etc).

Luckily I have been able to connect the box to my PC and my PC WAS able to recognize the box when shorting the pins. The box must be plugged into an outlet and use the USB port closest to the power supply. The two pins that worked for me were on the inside side of the NAND on the bottom right side, about 4 pins up.

I've not been able to locate the N4 original firmware so I wasn't able to reinstall it using USB Burning tool so i tried installing the firmware you released for the N5 (N5_atvXperience_s905x_v2F). That installed fine with no errors and was able to boot! So i'm now stuck at the language select screen... but the remote is unresponsive.

I'm quite new at this so any advice on where i should proceed would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Well, unless there's a working version available you shouldn't test it.
Anyways, you can flash N5's original firmware, it will work
http://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-play ... 1-20180816

modEDIT: FT link updated
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
Vaant

Thank you, Nayam.

I'll try to flash that Firmware onto the N4 and see how it goes.

Hopefully there will be AtvXperience support in the future for this cheap (and annoying) box!
Vinnie

Great replies, gives me some hope, thank you both!

Let me know how you get on [mention]Vaant[/mention]
Vinnie

Good news, flashed with the N5 FW after proding around the NAND, I found the point halfway along the side next to the edge of the board. :+1:

One problem with the N5 FW is that the WiFi will not switch on, is their anyway to find the correct driver and load it on to the box?

WiFi Chip: SSV6051P I see a RTL8723bs http://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-play ... mbps-bt4-1

Looking forward to AtvXperience being made for this box, if its not too much hard work!!

modEDIT: FT link updated
Vinnie

Just received the FW from Magicsee, have not tried it yet (2/16 with bluetooth):

The firmware download link below
N4 S905X 20180813_N4_BT upgrade.img
https://mega.nz/#!dfwyXSqD!Dlwsi4Er28OI ... W9ErmB0V0A
krishna

--
Last edited by krishna on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
em3ka

krishna wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:41 pm I tried shorting the nand I see red goes and come back but I don't see blue light or device detected by computer.
1. Make a USB connection
2. Activate Mask-ROM mode (short pin)
3. Now connect your box to the power supply
Vinnie wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:51 am after proding around the NAND, I found the point halfway along the side next to the edge of the board.
pinN4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.