T95X - cant update

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
MrT95X
Answers: 0

Hello everyone,

In the attempt to get my old T95X 1GB/8GB out of the mothballs and up and running again, I stumbled upon atvxperience and the available updates.

Unfortunately, when trying to use USB Burning Tool, I keep getting stuck at 4% at the part of "Download UBOOT".
After approx. 20 to 30 seconds it stops and gives me the error message "0x10303004 Romcode/Switch status/Identify/Error result".
I get this when trying any of the following firmwares:
S905X_ATVX_V2H_A95X
s905x_1G_atvXperience_v2FF
atvXperience_s905x_v2F

What actually did work was to update the stock firmware "t5x10002" to "t5x1008" using another download I found elsewhere. I did this using USB Burning Tool. This worked straight away.

Might it be that:
1) The Firmware versions from atvxperience are simply not compatible with my device?
2) I have to do something else to make this work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ricklar
Answers: 0

Sadly with just a 1gb/8gb device, your device is better off using a Linux software and not using Android.
Make your device a Kodi-only box with software from CoreELEC, or load a Linux Armbian image to have Debian or Ubuntu desktop, or load Emulation software to make your device a hub for Retro gaming. And to answer you questions, I believe your device has a Nand chip that is not supported by AtvXperience and there are no plans to make a ROM for those devices with that same board configuration.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!