Remote on Nexbox a95X

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
s_anand89
Experienced Member
Answers: 0

i did that but for me all the buttons are working fine except the power on/off button. i am able to turn off the box with the remote control but not able to switch it on back with remote. i have to remove the power supply of the box to turn it on.

i have tried the different rom in the atvxperience for my box (Memobox Ufo 2gb ddr3/8Gb ) the best rom with smooth experience is ver 2ff but in this Rom there is no bluetooth.

the rom version for s905x only ver 2e is having a functional bluetooth functionality and all the other ROMS don't have bluetooth support.

if anyone know to fix bluetooth issue plz help me out ....
:alien: My Device : Memobox UFO (s905X) & A95X F1 (s905W) :alien:
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

s_anand89 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:37 pm i did that but for me all the buttons are working fine except the power on/off button. i am able to turn off the box with the remote control but not able to switch it on back with remote. i have to remove the power supply of the box to turn it on.

i have tried the different rom in the atvxperience for my box (Memobox Ufo 2gb ddr3/8Gb ) the best rom with smooth experience is ver 2ff but in this Rom there is no bluetooth.

the rom version for s905x only ver 2e is having a functional bluetooth functionality and all the other ROMS don't have bluetooth support.

if anyone know to fix bluetooth issue plz help me out ....
I have exams going on, will be able to post updates after 9th.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
hannah
Experienced Member

soldiaz wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:06 pm Ok, get get system\etc\remote.conf and back it up. Then flash desired custom rom. In case remote is not working then just paste backed up remote.conf to system\etc and overwrite existing remote.conf there.

Thats all
Hello
Since I already flashed I do not have the original remote.conf which came along with the default rom.
Please, would you kindly attach your working remote.conf?
s_anand89
Experienced Member

hannah wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:06 am
soldiaz wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:06 pm Ok, get get system\etc\remote.conf and back it up. Then flash desired custom rom. In case remote is not working then just paste backed up remote.conf to system\etc and overwrite existing remote.conf there.

Thats all
Hello
Since I already flashed I do not have the original remote.conf which came along with the default rom.
Please, would you kindly attach your working remote.conf?
you can extract the file from stock firmware using amlogic tools.
hannah
Experienced Member

s_anand89 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:14 pm you can extract the file from stock firmware using amlogic tools.
Sure and I understand. However, as mentioned that I already have installed atvexperience rom and thus do not have the original rom. Plus I could never be sure if I download another stock rom from the internet if that rom is indeed for this box.

Thus my request if one of you who has a working remote configuration, please share the remote.conf file.
It could be easily extracted done via adb or ssh.

Kind regards
s_anand89
Experienced Member

hannah wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:53 am
s_anand89 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:14 pm you can extract the file from stock firmware using amlogic tools.
Sure and I understand. However, as mentioned that I already have installed atvexperience rom and thus do not have the original rom. Plus I could never be sure if I download another stock rom from the internet if that rom is indeed for this box.

Thus my request if one of you who has a working remote configuration, please share the remote.conf file.
It could be easily extracted done via adb or ssh.

Kind regards
the first post is having a remote conf file as attachment try that. i don't have this box and i am the wrong member in this topic. i have a memobox ufo android box. so i cannot help u out.
hannah
Experienced Member

s_anand89 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:17 am the first post is having a remote conf file as attachment try that. i don't have this box and i am the wrong member in this topic. i have a memobox ufo android box. so i cannot help u out.
Already done that before and as it did not work as expected, then I started to post.
ricklar

[mention]hannah[/mention]
The best way is just to extract file from stock firmware image on pc using Amlogic Customization Tools and then insert in AtvXperience device. Or you can just install a stock firmware image and make sure remote works properly and then extract remote.cfg

I posted a link to Migrate apk in Apps forum topic, that should help save time if your AtvX box has a bunch of apps installed already and you want to back them up. So switching ROMs is not a huge hassle.

Anyways here is a link to a stock firmware image for your box:
https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downloa ... v-box.html
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
s_anand89
Experienced Member

you can find some remote models and their codes.

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-pla ... ur-remotes
hannah
Experienced Member

ricklar wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:44 am Anyways here is a link to a stock firmware image for your box:
https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downloa ... v-box.html
This is indeed helpful. Shall work on it and if successful then post the remote.conf for this box here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Update: The remote.conf from above stock rom does NOT work at all in atvexperince rom in this nexbox.

Steps done:
- Downloaded the stock rom from here: https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downloa ... v-box.html
- Use Amlogic Customization Tool to extract the remote.conf
- Use 'adb push' to push remote.conf
```
C:\opt\adb>adb push remote.conf /system/etc/
remote.conf: 1 file pushed. 0.1 MB/s (3282 bytes in 0.047s
```
- rebooted the box

And now the NO buttons on the remote work on this box.
- copied back the previous remote.conf
- All buttons now work except the Power ON

This mostly working remote.conf is now attached.
commands issued:

```
C:\opt\adb>adb shell
atvX_S905X:/ # cd /system/etc
atvX_S905X:/system/etc # md5sum remote.conf
fb2960567db6d048339861f68a50a68b remote.conf
atvX_S905X:/system/etc # exit
C:\opt\adb>adb pull /system/etc/remote.conf
/system/etc/remote.conf: 1 file pulled. 0.1 MB/s (2492 bytes in 0.031s)
C:\opt\adb>
```
remote.conf
(Note the Power ON button will not work. This button will Power OFF the box but will NOT power it ON)

I am still seeking help to resolve the above-mentioned issue. Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards
Hannah
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.