No WiFi H96 PRO H3 Dongle s905x

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
Nayam
Administrator & Developer
Answers: 0

elpirate wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:12 am I have a H96 Pro h3 Android TV stick.

I can flash 2H no problems and enter atvXperience. Everything is werkngi so far, except wifi. It appears Wifi isnt working at all as on setup, it cannot detect any networks.
I have to skip this step.

Once Im in, Wifi is disabled and enabling it does not show any networks either.

Please help!!

Have tried 2H for s905x as well as the 2H A95 version for s905x.

Also tries s905w and all results were the same.

Please help!!
read the wifi fix guide in tutorials section
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
piperka07
Verified Member

None of the S905X images worked on mine - all failed during flashing. However, S905W flashed flawlessly. It booted up and the pathetic built-in wifi did not work, so I bought a TL-WN725N V3 USB adapter. The best part is that LibreELEC also recognizes it and so now this TV Stick is usable even if it is not <20cm away from the router.
Otherwise, the usual problems - no Netflix, no HBO GO...
P.S. The user interface lags terribly in 4K - I had to lower the resolution to 1080p.
ooo0luo
Verified Member

Excuse me, is it necessary to copy these files to a location, can give a path, I have tried for a day, always fail. Thank you!
ricklar

ooo0luo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:20 am Excuse me, is it necessary to copy these files to a location, can give a path, I have tried for a day, always fail. Thank you!
Are you 'Copy and Paste' the files? Or using Terminal app to Write them to location?

If Copy and Paste, then make sure each file has Permissions set rw- r- r- __ in Terminal is 644.

Most likely if all correct files extracted from original ROM and are inserted in same directory location that you extracted from, then probably not setting correct Permissions is the problem.

One other file to look for is the wifi .ko files which is located in /system/lib/
That file is xxxxxx.ko where "xxxxxx" equals the wifi chip name. Example my H96 Pro+ has 3 different .ko files with 9377 which is my particular wifi identifier code.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
ooo0luo
Verified Member

ricklar wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:39 pm
ooo0luo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:20 am Excuse me, is it necessary to copy these files to a location, can give a path, I have tried for a day, always fail. Thank you!
Are you 'Copy and Paste' the files? Or using Terminal app to Write them to location?

If Copy and Paste, then make sure each file has Permissions set rw- r- r- __ in Terminal is 644.

Most likely if all correct files extracted from original ROM and are inserted in same directory location that you extracted from, then probably not setting correct Permissions is the problem.

One other file to look for is the wifi .ko files which is located in /system/lib/
That file is xxxxxx.ko where "xxxxxx" equals the wifi chip name. Example my H96 Pro+ has 3 different .ko files with 9377 which is my particular wifi identifier code.
Yes, all the files I set the permissions to 644, just did not copy the wifi.ko file, thank you for your advice, I will try again, thank you very much!
annoynimous

piperka07 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:39 am None of the S905X images worked on mine - all failed during flashing. However, S905W flashed flawlessly. It booted up and the pathetic built-in wifi did not work, so I bought a TL-WN725N V3 USB adapter. The best part is that LibreELEC also recognizes it and so now this TV Stick is usable even if it is not <20cm away from the router.
Otherwise, the usual problems - no Netflix, no HBO GO...
P.S. The user interface lags terribly in 4K - I had to lower the resolution to 1080p.
wow this is the answer i've been looking for as I was about to junk this device back to the seller.

in fact, this was the solution i've been looking for for all tvboxes/dongles etc. if the usb to ethernet adapter works, that would be the best problem solver for these dongles.

somehow I have read and watched the tutorial video but am stuck on the .rar file from MEGA website, it keeps saying is corrupted after downloading it and I can't extract anything...

going to try downloading from another network and PC
Jurgen

Hi, I have a H96ProH3 dongle

At first I was not able to flash the S905X firmware even though there is a S905X cpu on the motherboard.
Flashing with burning tool stops at 4% with Error: [0x11000902]Unknown.

The S905W firmware somehow flashed 100% even though there is a S905X cpu on the motherboard.
On the S905W firmware: wifi, bluetooth and even ethernet are not working.

I tried the instructions from the: Porting Wi-Fi from stock ROM to atvX page, but I cannot modify the files in Atvx even though I am root.

Any Ideas?
s_anand89
Experienced Member

[mention]Jurgen[/mention]
Try it with AMLogicTools_V6.0.0 , take the drivers from the stock firmware and copy in the correct destination and repack and burn with usb burning tool , should resolve your problem.

But make sure you are having a s905x or s905w then install the correct firmware, otherwise it will have stability issue and will damage the device.
:alien: My Device : Memobox UFO (s905X) & A95X F1 (s905W) :alien:
mithunsharma

Is it fixed ???
ricklar

mithunsharma wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:50 pm Is it fixed ???
Try the this Bluetooth fix, it may also fix the Wifi
viewtopic.php?p=8458#p8458
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!