MXQ PRO+

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
mxfreak
Experienced Member
Answers: 0

Code: Select all

gxl_s905x013_2gs905x013
Grabbed with terminal from an original geekbuying mxq pro+ rom,i believe something dated from 11 2017
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

mxfreak wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 pm

gxl_s905x013_2gs905x013
Grabbed with terminal from an original geekbuying mxq pro+ rom,i believe something dated from 11 2017
This is not good. The manufacturer made changes to the uboot code and modified it. In this case, a direct upgrade to the atvx bootloader is not possible, this requires a standart dt-id gxl_p212_1g or gxl_p212_2g. What you can do about it - You can try to extract the atvx-dtb file and replace it with the terminal command in the running Android system, switch off the box and then run the SDcard upgrade on atvx.
Another option is to use a UART console and replace the uboot + dtb or delete complete emmc content and start a new installation.
A third option would be to implement your original bootloader + dtb into the atvx image, but I do not recommend this option.
mxfreak
Experienced Member

Angryyyy.... :rage:

Extracting i can do with rickys customtool,but i dont know how to select the dir. and or use the good command to replace to the good dir on my running android box with terminal?

I use as terminal jackpal.androidterm_72 from f droid org

Can you explain the steps..? if you want... :blush:

Uart is a kind of jtag i believe? (jtag on xbox360 and some dvb receivers and kind of that stuff..) i dont have a uart/usb controller.

If i use third option,is hardbrick possible? ---> I can recover with nand reset..but if that is enough ?

Iam still thinking to follow that dmyco topic from mecharn and flash that to my box and see what happens...hhmmmm..,:upside_down_face:

Thankkz
bumerc

1. Please copy this DTB file to your box in the /sdcard directory, open the terminal and execute this command:

dd if=/sdcard/dtb.img of=/dev/block/dtb bs=256K && sync
Download: dtb.img

2. Turn off the box and try to upgrade by ABT or SDcard. Please use this Download: atvX build

>> Dmyco Build will not run on your box <<
mxfreak
Experienced Member

Wiil try it.. :heart_eyes:

I let you know...

Edit : dev/block/dtb permission denied

I try su.

bs=256K --> is this letter K or k ? answer is k

Edit 2 : 90112 bytes transferd,

Will try to write image to sdcard now,just wait...
mxfreak
Experienced Member

Edit 3 : image writed with sdcardtool 2.02.formatsdcard yes,erase flash yes,erase bootloader no,reset yes,done

Power off,Inserted in mxq,press reset,power on,wait little,upgrading green,it runs,then screens goes black,and then starts again with green upgrading and stops directly and stays forever....i must shutdown power. :grimacing:

That grreen upgrading loop i had also with the different versions of atv xperience roms

Another solution maybe ?
mxfreak
Experienced Member

At bumerc,you said in mecharn topic,
@mecharn
You have a little problem.
Your aml_dt
gxl_s905x013_2g
This means that you have a custom bootloader and we first need to write the atvx DTB to the emmc with the correct aml_dt and partition table for the full upgrade to atvX.
I can temporarily create an extra build for you with the original bootloader, so you can use atvX first. If you later want to change the bootloader, we have to take some more complicated steps.
He has also gxl_s905x013_2g is this really different with my mx pro+ 2g/16g box ?
Because he has a 99% working rom on his box,and i nothing...... O:-)
bumerc

mxfreak wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:08 pm Edit 3 : image writed with sdcardtool 2.02.formatsdcard yes,erase flash yes,erase bootloader no,reset yes,done

Power off,Inserted in mxq,press reset,power on,wait little,upgrading green,it runs,then screens goes black,and then starts again with green upgrading and stops directly and stays forever....i must shutdown power. :grimacing:

That grreen upgrading loop i had also with the different versions of atv xperience roms

Another solution maybe ?
erase bootloader „yes“
erase flash „yes“
reset „yes“ or „no“ (is unimportant)

Edit: erase bootloader can only be deselected if you already have a new bootloader installed and its code is up to date
mxfreak
Experienced Member

Tried again with erase bootloader:yes

First copied over the dtb .img again to the sdcard dir in android original rom.
Fill out the su command prompt.--> okay

Shutdown box,power off,wait,reset button pressed,power on, mxq pro logo appears and then immediately,that green little logo appears,and directly the box goes in shutdown modus,red led burns.
I think,shit...,brick again..

Tried to power up again with reset button pressed power on,,nothing happensss,red led burns,,shiiiitttttt.

Graabed my orig stockrom recovery image from sdcard,insert it,reset,upgrades works..

More ideas? :grinning:
mxfreak
Experienced Member

UPDATE :

After that little disappointment with your img/dtb file,i have taken my guts together and flashed your v2h dmyco rom from pag1 from mecharn topic.(file is not online anymore..)

I have it running with your dmyco v2h rom !!! unbelievable but true !!! :* viewtopic.php?f=3&t=699
:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

What happens here ??? do you know it ??? also this rom works on my mxqpro+2g/16g and on mecharn his dmyco

After your failed upgrade,flashed the stock rom back,then twrp installed,box works okay,then i take the next step,
Just burned to sdcard,erase bootloader no,power off,sd inserted,reset,poweron,wait little,green upgrading logo appears,and it goes to upgrade licke a stock rom

I have not tested yet the online functiosn like wifi/lan.
I have installed aida.apk and es file xplorer.apk,both works okay

Only the output is with a standard cold boot 480i. , i can change it to 720/or 1080 but after restart or cold boot it returns to 480i,looks the same as mecharn. i have yet not seen my meson.cfg.

Only if i want to reset to recovery it with the toothstick,nothing happens on screen,then it stucks on atv logo (i have no sd card and no usb inserted)
I thought that recovery twrp was onboard in v2h images,or am i wrong ? or must i do something else ?