MXQ PRO 4k S905X 1+8GB Android 7.1.2 dead after Atv Installation

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
priv206
Answers: 0

geekbuying does not seem to sell mxq 4k pro based on s905x. not sure about mxqproject, but i believe i've tested some of them
Tester100
Verified Member

hiya me to

we are on the same stage ATVx did not work on mine, and now i cannot find any original stock rom firmware compatible, it was running the android 7.1.2 nougat

my box only has written on it MXQ 4KPRO, have opened it to check the motherboard and the specs are S905x H234 V2.42 2017/11/20 mine has 2GB ram and 16GB Flash

i have tested tons of amlogic usb burning tool versions.. different s905x firmwares with spec 2g/16gb but none worked now stuck on uboot 4% when i try to flash it, i have tried setting different temperature settings, but nothing seems to work.

i also gave a shot at the amlogic card burned, and burned atvx on a SD card, i checked the sdcard after burning and has all the aml uboot files etc.. when i plug it in the box, i power back the box with toothpick inside the box.. but all i get is black screen, no video input even showing... strange...
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

Tester100 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:37 pm hiya me to

we are on the same stage ATVx did not work on mine, and now i cannot find any original stock rom firmware compatible, it was running the android 7.1.2 nougat

my box only has written on it MXQ 4KPRO, have opened it to check the motherboard and the specs are S905x H234 V2.42 2017/11/20 mine has 2GB ram and 16GB Flash

i have tested tons of amlogic usb burning tool versions.. different s905x firmwares with spec 2g/16gb but none worked now stuck on uboot 4% when i try to flash it, i have tried setting different temperature settings, but nothing seems to work.

i also gave a shot at the amlogic card burned, and burned atvx on a SD card, i checked the sdcard after burning and has all the aml uboot files etc.. when i plug it in the box, i power back the box with toothpick inside the box.. but all i get is black screen, no video input even showing... strange...
Try asking the seller for the firmware
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
Tester100
Verified Member

Nayam wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:32 am
Tester100 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:37 pm hiya me to

Try asking the seller for the firmware

Yup i did, online retail shop, they sent me 2 firmwares which are not compatible, or at least stuck on uboot 4% on amlogic usb upgrade tool..

as he stated.. he also buys it off china distribuitor.. hard to get someone directly from the real factory manufacturer who produces this boxes, as they have the original manufacturers, the clone manufacturers, and the clone of the clone manufacturers.. hard to trace out, as its pretty much the same thing on HW side, just change the plastic logo on the case.
Tester100
Verified Member

But searching online for the same hardware specs, i have found a 99% look a like device same HARDWARE PCB with slight differente version i have found the s905x h234 v2.08 and mine is 2.42 but looks exactly the same just different flash 2.08 uses samsung, and mine uses hynix but both are 2G/16 the model similar i found on the WEB was the M9S PRO
ricklar

[mention]Tester100[/mention] do you know how to short the pins for your device? You may have to do that first to get any correct firmware to install. FreakTab forum or XDA-Developers should have some info or pictures on what pins to short for your device.

Try this firmware, it was for MXQ Pro S905X (4k wasn't mentioned)
https://mega.nz/#!sAMWhQYB!ubMpueVYGPA_ ... Od6vX91wkw
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
priv206

ricklar wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:15 am Try this firmware
No success on my device, also stuck on 7% burning
mxfreak
Experienced Member

Thankzz, i will try if i have some time... :grimacing:

The only thing,is my box is resetting constantly, :') so i have no way to install with sdcard or burnusbtool (bemerc knows my situation..hopefully he still knows it?)
But i will try again with that image and we will see what is happening...you never know... ;)

Ressetting mxq device : just take a little metal piece,and try just ever pin of the nand to sort carefully,and see and hear if the usb burn tool recognizes it and the led flashes O:-)