[HELP] Removing the recommendations completely

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
reddevil1
Answers: 0

Hi,

First of all thnx for the team for creating this great rom, its really appreciated!

I am wondering how I can remove the recommendations viewing on the homepage completely. I have disabled all the apps in settings - home screen. But on the homepage it still says: "Some recommendations are hidden. To enable, go to settings". I just want to remove this completely.

Can someone help me out with this one? Maybe I have to disable a system app or something?

And is there also an oreo version coming out for the s912 boxes? Because s912 is still on nougat. Just asking..
ricklar

reddevil1 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:34 pm I am wondering how I can remove the recommendations viewing on the homepage completely. I have disabled all the apps in settings - home screen. But on the homepage it still says: "Some recommendations are hidden. To enable, go to settings". I just want to remove this completely.
Can someone help me out with this one? Maybe I have to disable a system app or something?
If you install TVzion (movie/tvshows apk) it syncs favorites with HomeScreen Recommendations and makes the HomeScreen look really nice, but to answer your question yes the Recommendations.apk is a System app and can be uninstalled with any Root_Explorer/File_Manager or SystemApp_remover app; I have never tried to uninstall it, and don't know how the LeanbackLauncher will operate without it. But you can always try it for yourself.
And is there also an oreo version coming out for the s912 boxes? Because s912 is still on nougat. Just asking..
Amlogic has abandoned the S912 chipset, they do the ground work to get a Chip compatible to an Android release and then release the SDK to manufactures/developers to implement changes for the different hardware. So making an Oreo rom is uphill battle with no source code or SDK from Amlogic. I did find some source code on Github for the openlinux.Android kernel 4.9 which should work with Oreo, but if anybody is going to spend time making an updated ROM we will skip Oreo and try to get Pie to work for S912.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
reddevil1

Thnx for your reply Ricklar
antonio6o6
Expert Member

Need help
dankell
Verified Member

ricklar wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:17 am If you install TVzion (movie/tvshows apk) it syncs favorites with HomeScreen Recommendations and makes the HomeScreen look really nice,
So I am trying to get this to work Mate! and just can`t quite get it right ..I have TVzion installed ..but the home-screen recommendations never shows anything from zion. ?

I am doing something wrong! ...But what is it ..LOL. Do I need to enable anything in settings of zion or OS ?I want a nice feature rich recommendations screen from TVzion. :grin:

Any help or feedback would be Greatly appreciated.. Thank you for your time and help.
PS: is it possible to manually add in 3rd party apps to the Home screen recommendations Row ?

Best Regards,
ricklar

[mention]dankell[/mention]
I believe there is a trigger inside the AndroidTV settings inside of TVzion settings to make sure it syncs with recents. If the box is fully shutdown the Recommendations wont appear on the reboot until you open TVzion app wait a minute then go back to home screen, another thing is you can-not turn off notifications or then they also won't appear. Also, you must add shows to your watchlist as well. I believe I also turned Off the 'Battery Optimize' android.setting for TVzion and whitelisted the app from Greenify(my app of choice to hibernate/killapps quickly), so it wouldn't get shutdown from running in the background cause that also kills it from showing the Recommendations.

Cheers,
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!