[HELP] various issues for a stunning rom

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
Herbert 76
Verified Member
Answers: 0

Hi

First off all brilliant rom, looks stunning.

I do however have a few problems that I hope someone can help with.

1. The WiFi and ethernet appear flakey to say the least. Any fixes?

2. Playback on plex can be sluggish and pixelated, depending on the file. If I try kodi plex connect the issue is the same.

3. The scale doesn't look quite right, is it possible to increase the scale?

I have tried looking but I'm a bit of a noob, I have a sunvell t95z by the way.

Thank you for your time.

Herbert.
ricklar

Herbert 76 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:32 pm I do however have a few problems that I hope someone can help with.

1. The WiFi and ethernet appear flakey to say the least. Any fixes?

2. Playback on plex can be sluggish and pixelated, depending on the file. If I try kodi plex connect the issue is the same.

3. The scale doesn't look quite right, is it possible to increase the scale?

I have tried looking but I'm a bit of a noob, I have a sunvell t95z by the way.
1) I have never had any WiFi or Ethernet issues with any of the ATV-X roms, so don't think you are correct in blaming the ROM, when is the last time you reset your Router? A tip for all Amlogic devices is to set the IP address as Static not DHCP in Android Settings.

2) What version of ATV-X firmware did you install ? If you are having internet connection issues like stated above, that would cause Plex issues, even if only streaming content from your local server. So fix your internet issues first. Sidenote: I have the H96 Pro+ and the WiFi antenna was located at the rear of the device, so I moved as far to the front as possible to get somewhat clearer signal reception.

3) Developer Settings via white background Android.Settings has a line to change the Width of the sceen, which can make the screen zoom-in or zoom-out depending on what Value you insert, ie. 576, 672, 720, or 1080; I personally prefer 672 to 720. I hope and assume that is what you meant by scale, normally scale refers to the picture fitting the screen, for example have extra black bars or the screen not fitting the display correctly, which shouldn't be an issue with ATV-X.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
Herbert 76
Verified Member

Thank you so much for the reply, I will donate for such great work and support.

To clarify;

Router has been reset, it is set as static, I haven't had this issue on the other roms. WiFi keeps dropping even if I wanted to move from a wired connection.

It's the ff version, for lpram 3gig version of t95z. I am streaming local content, it works fine on some files but not on all so I think it's a codec issue?

When I say scale I mean like in kodi when you can calibrate your screen as some of the writing is not visible.

Thank you for your continued effort, it is greatly appreciated by many people.
Herbert 76
Verified Member

Quick update, the playback issue is not rom related, the file doesn't play properly on any rom including stock. The only machine it plays smooth on is plex on my nvidia shield.

The issue regarding ethernet is problematic, I get very poor speeds, both internally and Internet. I know I have read that you need to flash something to get full gigabit, can anyone guide me please, also when I set to static ip, if I reboot my box, or it goes into sleep I have to reconfigure as it drops, any guidance please?

Also is there a way to turn off the blue light on the box? Thank you
ricklar

Herbert 76 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:56 pm Quick update, the playback issue is not rom related, the file doesn't play properly on any rom including stock. The only machine it plays smooth on is plex on my nvidia shield.

What file type is the video formatted to?
The issue regarding ethernet is problematic, I get very poor speeds, both internally and Internet. I know I have read that you need to flash something to get full gigabit, can anyone guide me please, also when I set to static ip, if I reboot my box, or it goes into sleep I have to reconfigure as it drops, any guidance please?
Ok, I forgot you have the T95Z, that does have problems because it is not fully compatible with the standard ATV-X rom and needs an edit of the DTB in the firmware before Burning .IMG file.
See post and read through thread here: viewtopic.php?p=9815#p9815
Also is there a way to turn off the blue light on the box?
This is probably also related to the DTB issue.
Which version of ATV-X did you install?
And of course you can always take some tin snips and cut off the metal contacts between the PCB and LED indicator if you really hate the light that much :')
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

Herbert 76 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:56 pm Also is there a way to turn off the blue light on the box? Thank you
You can switch the led to red in dtb, or switch it off completely in the uboot (requires a change in the source code).
Otherwise you would have to write a script for a permanent solution.

Code: Select all

sysled {
		compatible = "amlogic, sysled";
		dev_name = "sysled";
		status = "okay";
		led_gpio = <&gpio GPIODV_24 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
		led_active_low = <1>;
	};

change to red

status = "disabled"
Herbert 76
Verified Member

Brilliant guys, many thanks, amazing support, I will be brave and attempt the replacement of the dtb file later. I take it once i have repacked the file to fix the ethernet issue, i can then just make any further changes by doing the same with that repacked img file - i will attempt that first then clock display fix. If if get really brave I will attempt to do disable the LED as it is in my bedroom and at night, planes try and land with the light on!

Fantastic support, really appreciate your efforts.............when i get home I will donate, thanks again. The rom is the dogs!
Herbert 76
Verified Member

Ok, so an update;

I have flashed and there is partial success;

The ethernet seems more stable now - however the speeds are poor, 24 meg downstream compared to 54 on wireless, is there anything I can do, as I would prefer wired to wifi?

flashing the above dtb has stopped my stock remote from working, how do i get it to work again (or better still get my RC6 windows remote working instead?).

I will have a go at the LED next. Thank you.
Herbert 76
Verified Member

bumerc wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:31 am
Herbert 76 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:56 pm Also is there a way to turn off the blue light on the box? Thank you
You can switch the led to red in dtb, or switch it off completely in the uboot (requires a change in the source code).
Otherwise you would have to write a script for a permanent solution.

sysled {
		compatible = "amlogic, sysled";
		dev_name = "sysled";
		status = "okay";
		led_gpio = <&gpio GPIODV_24 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
		led_active_low = <1>;
	};

change to red

status = "disabled"
Is this done through the Amlogic tools?, I cannot seem to find it sadly.
Herbert 76
Verified Member

Final question gents, I will leave you in peace then but does a dtb file replace all previous configs or does it append them so you can just keep adding new dtb files? I'm assuming replace cause I've lost my remote functionality but I'm probably wrong, just want to learn.