T95Z not connecting to Ethernet?

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
teeanderson90
Answers: 0

Hello everyone,

I recently installed atvxperience v2f on my T95Z box. As the title states my ethernet isnt working. Anyone else having this issue? Devs, will we see a fix in the future for this? Are there any fixes for this issue? TIA
jkjelds
Verified Member

I have the same issue with km8p have not tried the firmware on my t95z its running coreelec and ok happy with that.
papla83
Expert Member

Can you check on your router if the ethernet light switch on and off every time ?

I have the same issue if i plug my box on the router directly but it's working fine through a BPL.
teeanderson90

papla83 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:47 pm Can you check on your router if the ethernet light switch on and off every time ?

I have the same issue if i plug my box on the router directly but it's working fine through a BPL.
I'm in the US and that hasn't been implemented over here. All I have is my router. My ethernet cable works perfectly fine and communicates with the router. It's just some coding issue in this rom that needs to be fixed. I figured I would bring it to developers attention. I love the rom, I just hate the fact that I can't use LAN. I can stream 1080p streams fine with LAN, I'm lucky if I can stream a decent 720p stream of a TV show or movie on WiFi.
papla83
Expert Member

teeanderson90 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:53 am
papla83 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:47 pm Can you check on your router if the ethernet light switch on and off every time ?

I'm in the US and that hasn't been implemented over here. All I have is my router. My ethernet cable works perfectly fine and communicates with the router. It's just some coding issue in this rom that needs to be fixed. I figured I would bring it to developers attention. I love the rom, I just hate the fact that I can't use LAN. I can stream 1080p streams fine with LAN, I'm lucky if I can stream a decent 720p stream of a TV show or movie on WiFi.
Oops , i made a mistake, not BPL But PLC to connect the s912 device and the router.
papla83
Expert Member

in french we say a "bagotage reseau" but i don't found any translation in english for "bagotage" but it mean a "change of state" on the network (reseau in french), and in my case when i connect the s912 device with ATVxperience directly on my broadband router, the ethernet light switch on and off every time, but through a pcl it's working, maybe a different trading network with pcl and router.

I think it's about the network tweaks in lot of custom rom.
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

jkjelds wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:32 am I have the same issue with km8p have not tried the firmware on my t95z its running coreelec and ok happy with that.
KM8P device does not support RGMII (1gbit) mode, the network connection is only possible through RMII (100M). You need a modified DTB file.

T95Z has a ZTE ZX2AA500 transceiver. There are no drivers for this and no support in the 3.14.xx kernel. Therefore in CE only a speed of 100M is possible.
teeanderson90

KM8P device does not support RGMII (1gbit) mode, the network connection is only possible through RMII (100M). You need a modified DTB file.

T95Z has a ZTE ZX2AA500 transceiver. There are no drivers for this and no support in the 3.14.xx kernel. Therefore in CE only a speed of 100M is possible.
So how does someone modify the dtb to get Ethernet to work? I messed around with it a little bit last night and found a single variation in the Ethernet code. I believe the atvXperience had something along the line of 0x36 in the code and my firmware code had 0x26 in it.

I would be perfectly content with 100mbps considering I only have a 150mbps connection at my house. The other 50mbps will get used by someone else in the house.

Edit: I edited the line of code in the dtb file and it freezes on checking for updates. It also looks like it's not getting a connection from LAN at all. It made me put in a WiFi password during startup.
Last edited by teeanderson90 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
teeanderson90

papla83 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:28 am
teeanderson90 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:53 am

Oops , i made a mistake, not BPL But PLC to connect the s912 device and the router.
BPL and PLC are the same thing. Nothing like that here in the US. We use modems and routers for our internet. We don't have special lines running to our homes.
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

teeanderson90 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:07 pm

So how does someone modify the dtb to get Ethernet to work? I messed around with it a little bit last night and found a single variation in the Ethernet code. I believe the atvXperience had something along the line of 0x36 in the code and my firmware code had 0x26 in it.

I would be perfectly content with 100mbps considering I only have a 150mbps connection at my house. The other 50mbps will get used by someone else in the house.

Edit: I edited the line of code in the dtb file and it freezes on checking for updates. It also looks like it's not getting a connection from LAN at all. It made me put in a WiFi password during startup.
phy parameters from the T95Z DTB are identical to atvX DTB, the different "phandle" value (0x36 etc.) does not matter in this case for the functionality of the connection.
DTB modification will not help you.
But you can try to activate the 100M mode via Android Terminal (The respective router port must also be switched to 100M)

Code: Select all

ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full