Porting for Mecool m8s pro L

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
amiga
Answers: 0

Hi, first great job on this rom.
As far as I can tell there is no support for Mecool devices, or rather I have not found any confirmed posts that it works on a mecool m8s pro L.
I have seen that in some of your replies that you could provide instructions on how to port the firmware for other devices.
Could you point in the direction on how I can do this port for a Mecool m8s Pro L (LB)? I would happily give it a try.
In addition is it possible to install the firmware on a SD card, and boot from that rather than onto internal flash, as that would be a safe way to test.

thanks
shuima

Congratulations to all the forum!
Just like the amiga, I think this Rom should work very well with our Mecool M8S Pro L ... but we really need some guidance from you, so we do not take unnecessary risks ...
We look forward to your orientation !!
Thank you !! :blush:
tombraga
Verified Member

I also want to know, if your rom works for this mecool box
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

shuima wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:21 pm Congratulations to all the forum!
Just like the amiga, I think this Rom should work very well with our Mecool M8S Pro L ... but we really need some guidance from you, so we do not take unnecessary risks ...
We look forward to your orientation !!
Thank you !! :blush:
To make sure atvx is compatible with your device, you need to know at least the exact type of RAM. For this you need the log (Uart-Log) from the original bootloader. Then you can start with porting.
ssh18

Hello! Last night I manage to install S912_atvXperience_v2FF LPDDR version. My device is Mecool M8S Pro LB with 3Gb RAM DDR3 and 16 Gb of ROM. I was using Burn_Maker_Card. Besides that my device has an faulty wifi+bluetooth card (KM6335....) ...everything it's ok on it...but with your firmware the ethernet interface is not detected. So I reverted back to the stock firmware. I was trying even with atvXperience_S912_V2H_FINAL, but with that...my device is not booting.
Speedy-Wheelz

I have a mecool m8s pro l box running on s912 soc with 3gb ram and 32gb rom please can the guys advice me on the file type i need for my box
em3ka

[mention]Speedy-Wheelz[/mention]
bumerc wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:33 pm To make sure atvx is compatible with your device, you need to know at least the exact type of RAM...
DDR3 / LPDDR ?