X92 Problems.  [SOLVED]

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
pparker

X92 Problems.

Post by pparker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:06 am

So after messing with this rom for months every version failing to flash on my 2/16 x92 v2ff finally worked. Its a great rom but there are some issues.

Recovery has been removed from my box. I can basically never flash anything ever again. Tried the toothpick method with no success. Tried the atv upgrade app to boot twrp no success, usb debugging doesnt work, terminal didnt work which brings me to the next complaint...su binary is occupied but not activated so box isnt rooted, nav bar disappeared never to be see again. I know it sounds like alot of complaints but tbh its still way better then the stock rom lmao. Any help fixing any of these issues would be appreciated. Could be something i did wrong on my end or maybe with my box itself. Anyway this rom kicks a. So thanks dev.

em3ka

Post by em3ka » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:38 am

pparker wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:06 am
Recovery has been removed from my box. I can basically never flash anything ever again. Tried the toothpick method with no success. Tried the atv upgrade app to boot twrp no success
Try AMLogic Flasher app to reboot into recovery, if it works use than temporary TWRP.
pparker wrote:
su binary is occupied but not activated so box isnt rooted
The v2FF comes already pre-rooted !?
pparker wrote:
nav bar disappeared never to be see again
Use a mouse and swipe up from the bottom of the screen, it should appear.

pparker

Post by pparker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:40 am

Yes it says its rooted but never does any root required app receive a request for privileges, and ive tried to swipe up from the bottom with a mouse many times. Disabling and enabling it again doesnt work either. I will try the recovery suggestion shortly.

pparker

Post by pparker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 pm

Yeeeep. Like my first post said atvx removed my recovery so it's impossible to boot into that with any app or hard method. Others have written about the same problem. Amlogic burn tool can no longer do anything with it, adb doesn't work, root doesn't actually exist, boot animation is starting to show flashes of weird colors among other glitches, android TV store heavily limits app installs (not a glitch just a crappy decision by Google) recommendations no longer come through says they're hidden when they aren't. Box cannot be factory reset either. Just reboots the box. No idea what's going on with this ROM/my box. In the garbage it goes I guess. Lol goodluck to everyone else. Hope it works out better for you guys.

bumerc

Post by bumerc » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:37 am

pparker wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 pm
Yeeeep. Like my first post said atvx removed my recovery so it's impossible to boot into that with any app or hard method. Others have written about the same problem. Amlogic burn tool can no longer do anything with it, adb doesn't work, root doesn't actually exist, boot animation is starting to show flashes of weird colors among other glitches, android TV store heavily limits app installs (not a glitch just a crappy decision by Google) recommendations no longer come through says they're hidden when they aren't. Box cannot be factory reset either. Just reboots the box. No idea what's going on with this ROM/my box. In the garbage it goes I guess. Lol goodluck to everyone else. Hope it works out better for you guys.
Please create a boot log. The problem with ROOT access can actually only be due to the SElinux status.
This value is passed from the bootloader to the kernel command line during the boot process. Do you happen to use original bootloader, or any other modification of it?
ADB debugging works only if ROOT access is allowed.

ricklar
Verified Member

Post by ricklar » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:49 am

pparker wrote:
nav bar disappeared never to be see again.
Fixed the no NavBar in this rom for my device (H96pro+).

Did two things:

1) Edit build.prop add code:

# Turn on Navigation Bar
qemu.hw.mainkeys=1

2) Edit init.d scripts, following scripts block navigation bar:

/system/etc/init.d/11immersivemode <this location using a root explorer>
Remove Both <is active> so block code with # inserted at front of code line
/system/etc/init.d/40immersivemode
Remove Both <is active> so block code with # inserted at front of code line

I did both these two edits to system files at same time. Didn't test each fix individually. The Number 1 fix should solve navbar issues according to forum.xda-developers.com by itself.

ricklar
Verified Member

Post by ricklar » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:15 am

pparker wrote:
So after messing with this rom for months every version failing to flash on my 2/16 x92 v2ff finally worked. Its a great rom but there are some issues.

Recovery has been removed from my box. I can basically never flash anything ever again. Tried the toothpick method with no success. Tried the atv upgrade app to boot twrp no success,
Install a Google Play Store fork app like Yalp or Aurora, to have full access to the Android Marketplace. Then download app [root]-FlashFire by ChainFire, this app will allow you to flash zip file like TWRP recovery. The TWRP download file in atvxperience.com/downloads is labeled S905W&X but it does work with Amlogic S912 as well (Personally tested it). Flash zip thru FlashFire app and TWRP recovery should be all good.

You mentioned Root problems as well, get a Root Explorer and Mount R/W. The firmware comes rooted, so don't know how it installed in your device unrooted, but firmware does have the Root Switch in Droid Settings, maybe it is triggered OFF. In my box I did also update the BusyBox binaries to latest Stericson-Pro version after firmware install.

pparker

Post by pparker » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:38 pm

Thank you!