My Build.prop Edit

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
ricklar
Answers: 0

koxbox wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:32 pm WARNING: It didn't worked with Tanix TX92 (LPDDR3 3gb version), it bricked my device so I had to restore system partiton via my TWRP backup. For others, you will have to re-flash atvX via USB Burning Tool.
You sure you removed the .txt from file name before you Reboot ? :')
Nothing in the sections above #TWEAKS should have conflicted with your device. The only thing I can think of is the increased Dalvik.VM ram settings, which are a mild increase and would cause a boot failure on 2GB devices, but should have worked no problem with 3GB devices.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
koxbox

I actually tried twice, first copying and pasting file, overwriting original one and second time editing original build.prop and pasting content from your version. Both times checked that permissions are set correctly. Both times box was unable to boot. But since you're mentioning extensions, I did notice on some other copying operations that ES File Explorer Pro (modded version) was messing with extensions of zip files, like adding 7z to end of archives and vice versa, making e.g. Titanium Backup archives unrecognized. Also adding ".txt" extensions on text files without extensions, something like auto-extension lol. But that doesn't explain why box was bricked when properly copying and pasting your build.prop content into original file. I ended up with manually copy-pasting v2ff tweaks at the end of 2vh build.prop and it worked (also with ES Text Editor).
ricklar

Hmm, it should have worked with ES File Explorer when Root is on and RW is marked for System. I use Total Commander file manager to do any live system changes, personal preference because that app will warn if changing a RO file or if you haven't changed System to RW before Copy/Paste.

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
Strand

Found this thread just now and just have to ask a question about the build.prop file. Don’t know if it’s to much “off-topic”, hope it isn’t!

I have a H96 Max x2 device, is it possible for me to change the build.prop file to trick a app thinking I have another device? I want to start an app in “tv mode” instead of “tablet mode”.
ricklar

Strand wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:50 pm Found this thread just now and just have to ask a question about the build.prop file. Don’t know if it’s to much “off-topic”, hope it isn’t!

I have a H96 Max x2 device, is it possible for me to change the build.prop file to trick a app thinking I have another device? I want to start an app in “tv mode” instead of “tablet mode”.
Are you the guy that posted virtually the same question on FreakTab forum ? ;)

I don't think there is one line you can edit and all apps will be in TV-mode. There is one line that designates "TV" but that doesn't make apps open in TV-mode as far as I know. Changing the default orientation in build.prop may make some apps open in tablet "landscape" mode instead of mobile "portrait" if that is what you are after.

Your device is a Rockchip H96 MAX or the S905x2 ? I don't have any of Rockchip's to verify, but on Amlogic I believe it is just a matter of changing an XML file in '/system/etc/permissions' so that all apps will open in TV mode. Be wary of changing the XML files in Etc, becuase for example my Allwinner device with Android 9 doesn't like doing that and it causes bootloop whenever I mess with Permission XML's.

GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
Strand

O yes, the same person :grin:
Its hard to let it go, so I thought this might be a way. Thanks for your response, this time I might have to let this one go.... even though it’s hard haha.

Maby atvX will be the ultimate solution :))

Edit: I have the s905x2 chip
ricklar

Well possible solution if you are willing to test is this:
1) download Gapps TV-stock-package.zip for your version of Android and 32-bit if that is what your device is
2) in Android or a Linux PC, extract all the files from Zip, some files are Tarbell's so you can't extract them in a WindowsPC
3) find in one set of files will be System>Etc>Permissions folders with ATV xml's
4) and copy those files to same xml's to firmware location 'system/etc/permission'
5) reset file XML's file permissions to RW- R-- R--
6) reboot device and hope the AndroidVerfiedBoot doesn't cause a bootloop

If it works, then all your apps will open by default to TV mode if that is coded into the apps.

This is just a Theory, may brick your device, be prepared to recover and Flash your device again if it causes bootloop.

GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!