My Build.prop Edit

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
ricklar
Answers: 0

almog250 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:18 am I try it on h version is destroyed my box :\ and I was must to flash again the rom.
Sorry, I forgot I changed some RAM settings in my prop edit. Only use if you have a 3GB Ram device. Can use as reference to make your own edits for 2GB ram device. The main prop ram settings that I adjusted where Dalvik settings for 3GB ram and if you have 2GB ram it may have caused the crash.

What device do you have?
Did you make sure to correctly Set Permissions = rw- r- r-

Side note: If you opened build.prop file in non-Linux or non-Android type software it changes formatting. Wrong formatting will cause a crash. On windows use Notepad++ to review.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
bryanhk

Try it with no luck
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

ricklar wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:36 am [mention]Nayam[/mention] The build.prop tweaks at end of v2G build.prop are not formatted correct, has /set prop/ inserted before code. Don't think the shell prompt /set prop/ works in that file 🤣

@Everybody
I been running a customized build.prop in v2FF and should work for v2G. Fell free to review and/or use. I have the H96 Pro+ so some lines have that inserted in. The file is named build.prop.txt so easy to review, if want to install remove { .txt } by renaming it and using a Root explorer copy+paste it to /system/ to overwrite original and Set Permission: rw- r-- r--

File:
build.prop.txt

Warning: If you don't set permissions correct you may brick your device.

Edit: Only use in 3GB Ram devices.
I never tested v2G, neither did I make it. Adam was in charge of making those builds so I never asked or complained.
Now, Adam has left and I'm back in the game, will keep these things in mind.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
ricklar

[mention]Nayam[/mention] I was unaware that Adam was doing the recent builds till i saw the FB posts chain widget added to the bottom of this website pages. That is a nice touch and good for people like me who don't have a Facebook.

Also noticed that mistake in v2G build.prop file transferred over into v2H.

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
dishme
Verified Member

Thank you so much! the DTS tweak is really needed, so I took a risk and took your whole file.
dankell
Verified Member

dishme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:58 pm Thank you so much! the DTS tweak is really needed, so I took a risk and took your whole file.
Me too. :clap: Not counting my chickens yet........ But it`s looking very promising and seems stable ...no strange re-boots 6 hrs in .(this was just sat on the main screen doing no tasks , so unsure how reliable this test was) , unlike previous. :triumph:
I used the (LAST edit to file July 2019 ) build.prop @ricklar ..... I :heart_eyes: you, Your Support has been ................AMAZING! ............ Sir.

ricklar wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:36 am [mention]Nayam[/mention] The build.prop tweaks at end of v2G build.prop are not formatted correct, has /set prop/ inserted before code. Don't think the shell prompt /set prop/ works in that file
@Everybody
I been running a customized build.prop in v2FF and should work for v2G. Fell free to review and/or use. I have the H96 Pro+ so some lines have that inserted in. The file is named build.prop.txt so easy to review, if want to install remove { .txt } by renaming it and using a Root explorer copy+paste it to /system/ to overwrite original and Set Permission: rw- r-- r--

File:
build.prop.txt

Warning: If you don't set permissions correct you may brick your device.

Edit: Only use in 3GB Ram devices.
Hi Mate! it`s me Again. :grinning:
Just to update you on on your latest build.prop..

So I did all your recommendations & tweaks and after many ..........many........hours of fruitless failing`s :tired_face: I was feeling rather exhausted....I honestly have lost count how many times I have re flashed the H96 Pro+ Blue Board of Death nightmare. :-.

Finally got your latest build.prop to stick and Booted to the Home screen . :pray: and I was presented with a really nice status Bar at the top when I hovered my mouse over it... :+1: That was a real bonus as I had seen this feature in the FF ROM`s but was missing in this H variant......So well happy.

I am hoping all the tweaks you have done..Stabilize this Box ..as it was on some occasions just rebooting at random intervals......which sometimes really F@@ked everything up and I would have to start over with a restore. Very frustrating indeed. :rage:
I will now be doing a TRWP backup ...and hopefully them tweaks stabilize the box.
I do now have a question or Three :grin:

What does that [FIRETVSTB2017] achieve...Something to do with Netflix ? But still unsure ...I know we have problems with latest versions of Netflix...So does this circumvent them ? and if so...What version should I install to this H Rom?

I would like to install that update TWRP type app in the OS ( What version Please if possible ? ) so as to make easy backups of the Build...I did try the update section of this H Build but it does never seem to work , as I want the backup restore sent to USB for archive...
EDIT Update: I think I have found the perfect app for what I needed and it safley reboots into TWRP Recovery from the OS dash..... [Root] TV Boot
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... boot&hl=en
This is really so useful and One click to exit the OS into TWRP

Also I did try and fail on earlier attempts to get that SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SYSTEMMODE.zip ( hope it was the correct version to install .zip , swipe- flash in TWRP as I got it of XDA) to take on the H Rom ...it never went well.....any more further recommendations or Tips on this?
Edit: I must have missed this post somehow or just overlooked it. :-O
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=814
This info is still current I guess. ? and your experimental method Looks nice.

Any help please would be Awesome! and thank you so much for sharing your build.prop.......
I very VERY hopeful that this keeps the box from sporadic rebooting ...which was my main concern.....at this moment in time .....it`s looking Good. :ok_hand:

Best Regards,
Last edited by dankell on Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ricklar

dankell wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:39 pm So I did all your recommendations & tweaks and after many ..........many........hours of fruitless failing`s :tired_face: I was feeling rather exhausted....I honestly have lost count how many times I have re flashed the H96 Pro+ Blue Board of Death nightmare. :-. Finally got your latest build.prop to stick and Booted to the Home screen . :pray: and I was presented with a really nice status Bar at the top when I hovered my mouse over it... :+1: That was a real bonus as I had seen this feature in the FF ROM`s but was missing in this H variant......So well happy.

I hope the reflashing you talk about didn't come from the build.prop edit, should have been easy modification.
I am hoping all the tweaks you have done..Stabilize this Box ..as it was on some occasions just rebooting at random intervals......which sometimes really F@@ked everything up and I would have to start over with a restore. Very frustrating indeed. :rage:
I will now be doing a TRWP backup ...and hopefully them tweaks stabilize the box.

So I hope the instability you are talking about is from other ROMs you have used. Intermittent reboots may be sign of failing power supply unit because unstable/bad power current. But hope it was just a different ROM issue.

Most build prop tweaks are just turning On or Off a built-in Android setting, but some are giving Value adjustments to better utilize the hardware, for example I included Big Net Buffers into the prop to better help streaming content.
What does that [FIRETVSTB2017] achieve...Something to do with Netflix ? But still unsure ...I know we have problems with latest versions of Netflix...So does this circumvent them ? and if so...What version should I install to this H Rom?
In theory it should work to bypass one of the Netflix checks, I don't subscribe so could not verify myself; check the Apps forum and you should find some recent talks about Netflix and believe a link to a working Netflix apk.
I have found the perfect app for what I needed and it safley reboots into TWRP Recovery from the OS dash..... [Root] TV Boot
I haven't tried that app yet, my personal favorite restart control app is Simple Reboot, only on standard Google store so has to be sideloaded and it requires an air-mouse to make your selections, but I like that it's a widget-type app, that just overlays on the right side of the screen. It also doesn't have a TVlauncher icon because it is mobile app, but a quick reprogram of the home key with ButtonMapper.apk and a long-press of home key gives quick access to it.
Also I did try and fail on earlier attempts to get that SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SYSTEMMODE.zip ( hope it was the correct version to install .zip , swipe- flash in TWRP as I got it of XDA) to take on the H Rom ...it never went well.....any more further recommendations or Tips on this?
Edit: I must have missed this post somehow or just overlooked it. :-O
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=814
This info is still current I guess. ? and your experimental method Looks nice.
Post #9 of that thread I shared a working SuperSU.Zip(tested on AtvX firmware and stock Amlogic firmware). But be careful you read the output script shown in TWRP screen, if it doesn't patch the boot/kernel correctly, STOP, because if the output text had an error or failure to complete one of its tasks when you reboot you lost SU access. So if it does say there was an error Don't reboot, Stop and Restore both your Boot+System partitions before rebooting System or you'll have to Flash the firmware again to regain SU.
I very VERY hopeful that this keeps the box from sporadic rebooting ...which was my main concern.....at this moment in time .....it`s looking Good. :ok_hand:
Only time I encountered sporadic rebooting with AtvX firmware was because an App I installed was triggering the Kernel Panic protocol which should be turned Off by default in the init.d boot-up scripts.

Cheers sounds like you are enjoying AtvX now :grin:

GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
dankell
Verified Member

@ ricklar... Thanks again Mate! for your help and advice.

Unfortunately I am still experiencing the sporadic reboots . :rage: I really thought with all my time and efforts and your tweaks and help had solved the issue until just out of the Blue ..... the issue`s returned.
I did not even think to look to the PSU as this unit was brand new..recently just opened.
I am starting to look at the PSU (REPLACEMENT) as I can no longer think what else it may be.....I have exhausted every avenue I can think of except this.
I have been searching around and peeps on Freaktabs suggest a PSU 5V 3+AMPS range so so you think this one would be OK ...link below.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BENSN-Universa ... g=UTF8&me=
Or this one has a 5V 4 AMP rating which in theory is better I suspect as the box will only draw what AMPS it needs.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/4000mA-Switchi ... s9dHJ1ZQ==
This I think will be my last throw of the dice for this Box ..as quite frankly...it`s been a nightmare. This was brand new box purchased around 2 years ago and until recently just opened and setup .
One important piece of information which set me on this journey of finding a replacement ROM for this box is ...it was even on the stock factory ROM experiencing the same sporadic re-boots......So in conclusion .... all signs point to a replacement PSU or I was just unlucky and received the box new and it had a hardware related problem........So I think the replacement PSU (is this a common issue with this H96 PRO+) is my final and ONLY option to try and cure it.
Any feedback or suggestions on a replacement PSU would be greatly appreciated Mate!... and once again ..Thank you as always for all your time and help.

Edit Update: So while searching through all my old cables and stuff I have found an old 5V 3 AMP Power brick which was used for a TV .. Now I know for a fact that this PSU was rock solid ... This fits the PSU Jack of the box perfect and it`s working fine ATM So hopefully it sorts the PSU problem out if indeed this has been the problem all along..... I sure hope so............. Only time will now tell I guess.
EDIT Update: over 7hrs in playing video content via WiFi ..not a single stutter or glitch and seems smooth as silk ....and all seems OK . :-O it`s never lasted Anywhere near this long playing constant video footage without sporadic reboots. :cold_sweat:
Time to plug in and test the USB Bluetooth keyboard remote and let it charge up. Hopefully .........
NOTHING SINISTER OCCURS. ? :thinking:
Edit Update:
Charging test Passed with flying colors ..... 10hrs in now and running smooth as silk ...So I must assume that the PSU which came with the box was a total piece of :hankey: I will keep the test going for another few hours ...But hopefully everything is OK .....I feel so f@@king relived at this point.
Update: Sill running sweet . 12hrs in . :')
@ricklar You have been My ROCK! through this journey Mate! I really can`t thank you enough for all your time,help & Support. You have been AMAZING! Sir ..... Thank you.

Final Update: 15+ hrs in and running smooth as silk. Not a single glitch or hiccup . :grinning:

Best Regards,
ricklar

[mention]dankell[/mention] good to hear you solved the issue with the power supply unit. :grin:

As for my recommendation the stock 5V 2A power is more than enough for these devices, but the quality control for the bricks that come packaged in can be hit or miss if they are faulty or will even last, when you really need the 3A units is if you are constantly powering other devices like HDD/SDD drives to watch videos.

And if I had to buy another PSU I would go straight to a Distributor of TV boxes like ACEMAX, they have an AMAZON store to:
https://www.amazon.com/2000mAh-Power-Ad ... ast_bbp_dp

I do like the multi-tipped power supply unit that you linked.

Cheers.

GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
koxbox

ricklar wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:31 am [mention]kanakjr[/mention] Yes it will work in all S912 boxes, in first post just gave a fair warning that the build.prop had some unique identifiers, so when using programs like CPUz or AIDA64 -apks which read the build.prop for device info, they will say things related to H96 or related to the spoofed device Xiaomi.
WARNING: It didn't worked with Tanix TX92 (LPDDR3 3gb version), it bricked my device so I had to restore system partiton via my TWRP backup. For others, you will have to re-flash atvX via USB Burning Tool.
What did work is copying only "#tweaks" part of the 2ff version of build.prop and pasting it in original v2h build.prop at the end. There were some duplicate entries though, but I wasn't bothering as everything worked fine.