Geniatech ATV598E

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
SlightlyNoobish
Answers: 0

Hello fellow forum goers.

Does anyone know what firmware to use or if it's even compatible with the Geniatech box?

I downloaded S912 v2H_FINAL but there are 3 different versions.

About to flash via SD card.

Thanks in advance.
ricklar

SlightlyNoobish wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:50 pm Does anyone know what firmware to use or if it's even compatible with the Geniatech box?
Your box is with the DTB, digital tuner correct? I think you will lose all DTB functions if by chance the firmware does successfully Flash.
downloaded S912 v2H_FINAL but there are 3 different versions?
Hmm...from my quick search of Google, your box comes with a Quad-Core Processor with 2GB ram and 16GB storage. The site I got the info from didn't say what SoC exactly was in the box. But, I can confirm that S912 is an Octo-Core SoC and that firmware will not work in your box. Please find out your devices exact specifications before trying to install.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
SlightlyNoobish

ok, so upon further experimentation everything is working on the following firmware ATVXperience_S912_V2H_FINAL (flashed it via SD Card with Burn Maker 2.0.2)

the only problems are that the remote back button doesn't work, and LAN connection doesn't work for some reason

the box I have doesn't have the antenna component, but it does have LAN

oh ya and I can't reflash the original OEM firmware anymore either, it just doesn't take it upon boot through SD card anymore
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

SlightlyNoobish wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:23 pm ok, so upon further experimentation everything is working on the following firmware ATVXperience_S912_V2H_FINAL (flashed it via SD Card with Burn Maker 2.0.2)

the only problems are that the remote back button doesn't work, and LAN connection doesn't work for some reason

the box I have doesn't have the antenna component, but it does have LAN

oh ya and I can't reflash the original OEM firmware anymore either, it just doesn't take it upon boot through SD card anymore
Check if

Code: Select all

netcfg
Works or not in terminal. If you get eth0, then it's working.

Code: Select all

netfg eth0 up
For remote, check dtb
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
SlightlyNoobish

i shelled via adb, says netcfg isn't found?
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

SlightlyNoobish wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:05 pm i shelled via adb, says netcfg isn't found?
Please post the link with your original FW