[HELP] Screen off centre on launcher and apps

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
dishme
Verified Member
Answers: 0

I have a 1 inch black bar on the right of the screen, I can see my mouse icon over it, but it is black. when I launch apps, they also have the same one inch missing, however running a movie is fine.

Anyone seen this before? When booting the device, the boot logo is full screen...

I tried changing to all different resolutions, screen position really only zooms . Help! I blame my kids, and I do not want to reflash it.
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

dishme wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:05 pm I have a 1 inch black bar on the right of the screen, I can see my mouse icon over it, but it is black. when I launch apps, they also have the same one inch missing, however running a movie is fine.

Anyone seen this before? When booting the device, the boot logo is full screen...

I tried changing to all different resolutions, screen position really only zooms . Help! I blame my kids, and I do not want to reflash it.
First time hearing something like that. Maybe some app is overlaying on the system window.
Try uninstalling useless or adware apps.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
ricklar

dishme wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:05 pm I have a 1 inch black bar on the right of the screen....
Yes, I have seen this. Had the same problem.

It is the Navigation Bar minus the button keys. Why it looks like a black bar on side of screen is because in mobile in landscape mode your NavBar would be on right side of screen. Adam edited V2H ROM to not have the bars and home keys so it just looks like a black bar now. And if your using my build.prop edit then you have that black bar. I had put the code to turn Navigation Bar On in my build.prop edit back when in V2FF rom. So now with V2H you just need to turn it off by edit one line of build.prop file.

Code: Select all

#Active NavBar code, find this:

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
Deactivate NavBar by:

Code: Select all

qemu.hw.mainkeys=1
Just change the 0 to a 1 and reset permissions rw- r-- r--
And Reboot and the black bar should be gone.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
dishme
Verified Member

yep! that solved the issue, thank you so much!
-- Pro Tip: changed the file using ex file explorer ... super fast change.