Google Play (androidTV) store and alternatives

appXperience
Chridtos77
Answers: 0

Hello,
I tried to search the built in Google play store that came with the Rom I installed on my TX9 pro (s912) . And I couldn't chrome or some sort of file explorer. Plesse advice on how do I get a browser installed or a file explorer. The Google play store seems very limited?
Thanks,
em3ka

Chridtos77 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:40 pm The Google play store seems very limited?
Install Aptoide TV (apps store) or search and sideload apps from APKMirror (also as app&installer) or APKPure (also as app).

MODedit, May 2020
Aurora Store is an Unofficial FOSS client to Google's Play Store, with an elegant design, using Aurora you can download apps, update existing apps, search for ...
ricklar

Easiest method to get all the apps you love to use on your phone/tablet that are not found on the AndroidTV store is to connect a USB drive to your phone and download to phone then save to USB drive and then insert USB drive in TvBox and install them from USB drive.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
Chridtos77

I searched but no results, how do I get it? Any steps?
em3ka

peekaa

I do not know how to handle the embedded Google Play that differs from the original. I tryied to install the original, but instalation failed. I wanted to install some apps, that are not available in the embedded.. f.e. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... wser&hl=cs Thank you,. I have X96. Thank you.
em3ka

The Google Play Store on Android TV is a slimmed-down version of the smartphone version. Some apps are not Android TV-compatible, so there aren't as many to choose from. ... Apps that you sideload will not show up on the devices home screen or list of apps. The only native way to access them is via the Settings menu.
peekaa wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:19 pm ...I wanted to install some apps, that are not available in the embedded.. f.e.
Seznam.cz – Aplikace na Google Play
Mentioned application for example can be found on Apkpure - one of the alternative app stores.
awaisiqbal

I am unable to download any app or anything from web browser. Can some one confirm if there is any kind of limitation of using them.
My tv box is Nexbox A1 2G/16GB ROM: atvXperience S912 V2H