[DISCUSSION] Tubi.TV black listed the tv-box again

appXperience
dudeofx
Verified Member
Answers: 0

Anyone here knows how the DRM process works? Tubi.tv black listed my tv-box again. I am simply going to stop going back to that app but is this just the beginning? Like, will other apps start doing the same? I don't hack nor pirate. I haven't used Tubi.tv that much either.
didux
Expert Member

atvx only supports Widevine L3! Most of the big streaming platforms nowadays require Widevine Level 1 for HD-Quality, otherwise you can only watch in SD-resolution or you are blocked at all.

https://www.androidauthority.com/widevi ... ed-821935/
I've sold my box and will never buy this crap again! :grin:
dudeofx
Verified Member

That is a good article but didn't answer the situation with Tubi.tv because after a re-flash it works and only after a couple days it starts giving out DRM errors. Installing and reinstalling the app didn't fix it. Factory reset didn't fix it. The only thing that fixed was re-flashing the device. Which I am not going to do just to get the app working. And I have two x96 mini devices. One I never use. The one I never use doesn't get the DRM errors.
dudeofx
Verified Member

There is a specific area you have to wipe or reset that may not be straight forward (probably the device ID) because I bought these devices for my mom a long time ago. All she wanted to do was watch a Spanish network called "UnivisionNow". Back in those days I flashed the devices using a TF card. And I upgraded by just editing a little text file and changing the ROM file on the TF card. After a ROM upgrade I found out that the app "UnivisionNow" remembered the device. I thought upgrading the ROM was like a factory reset and everything was supposedly wiped but that is not true because somehow the app remembered the device. I didn't have to activate it.
em3ka

dudeofx wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:27 pm ...The only thing that fixed was re-flashing the device...
Why not present your problems to their support, after all, Tubi is a “free” streaming service?
https://help.tubitv.com/hc/en-us/articl ... -Device-ID
dudeofx
Verified Member

Tubi's reply:
"... please note that this is not one of our supported devices so we cannot guarantee that Tubi will work on it and we cannot troubleshoot issues with it."