DStv Now

appXperience
Rudolf0509
Answers: 0

Hi Guys,

Will Dstv Now the app work on the new update for the S905W device?

Inquiring from South Africa. Currently the Dstv Now app is working great but when I scroll through the channels the view starts flickering. Which makes it difficult to view the channels.

Please advise
AxEgo
Experienced Member

DSTV are really sticky about what devices the app will run on.

You can install the app from apkpure and hope for the best.
X96 Mini - S905W - 2/16GB ATVXperience v2F
Alfredo

I have x96 mini. Does not pick up Dstv now in Playstore . It asked for a update . But update not available in Playstore. Please help South Africa
Yusrie1

Hi

My dstv now app just stopped working the other day and I also have a S905W unit, the update screen came on and just stopped working, I did not click update as the instruction in the box said not to do so.

How do I fix this.

Regards
Hi guy

Hope you well

My dstv now app doesn't seem to work anyway of fixing this

Regards Yusrie
em3ka

Yusrie1 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:32 am ...dstv now app just stopped working the other day and I also have a S905W unit...
Update Google Play Services and also system Webview app.

*The above app runs under v2FF on TX3 mini, i can't try it any further because I'm not from that region...
Leanne01

Hi, I am batteling to update google play store. App keeps saying up to date and it is on v11.2.31. Got google play services updated via apk, but cannot get play stoe right, apk keeps telling me download is corrupt, can this update be so difficult, please assist.
em3ka

Leanne01 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:56 pm ...to update google play store...
There is no need to update Google Play store :point_up:
viewtopic.php?p=6847#p6847
rather update Google Play Services and WebView system app.
ricklar

Alfredo wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:07 am I have x96 mini. Does not pick up Dstv now in Playstore . It asked for a update . But update not available in Playstore. Please help South Africa
Can you download it to your android Phone or Tablet?

Then you can extract the APK if it is installed and send it to your TVbox with FTP or use apps like SendAnywhere to transfer files between Android devices. (Note: SendAnywhere must be installed in both devices to transmit files between the 2)

Or use APKmirror.com to download and install directly on your device through web browser, link:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/multichoi ... /dstv-now/
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
Leanne01

Hi, I need to update dstv now via play store and seeing that I have v11 I do not have the upgrade function. Spoke to dstv and they told me I need to update play store. Play services is updated. I dont know what to do next.
ricklar

Leanne01 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:02 pm Hi, I need to update dstv now via play store and seeing that I have v11 I do not have the upgrade function. Spoke to dstv and they told me I need to update play store. Play services is updated. I dont know what to do next.
[mention]Leanne01[/mention]
Did you see my comment above?

If that doens't help you, then you must update Play store manually by downloading the correct AndroidTV Store from APKmirror.com and deleting the PlayStore that is in your system partition at directory: /system/priv-app/Tubesky/
and then Copy/Paste the new Store to that location and Rename the apk to Tubesky.apk and Set Permissions to RW-R--R-- and then Reboot device for the change to take place.
Pro tip: if doing a manual system apk change, is best to make sure Wifi is Off and/or Ethernet disconnected so Google Services doesn't cause any errors.

Moderator EDIT: Merged Leane01's topic from S905W forum topic thread to the appropriate Apps topic and thread about DStv.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!