[HELP] Youtube TV app

appXperience
marshale12
Answers: 0

hi everyone
thanks to atvxperience for this awsome build , ive been following you since the V2B and the using experience have improved alot now that am using the V2H everything works fine ,i just have a small problem with the YOUTUBE TV APP it freezes a lot dont know why ?can you please help.thanks again
ricklar

[mention]marshale12[/mention] for clarification you refer to the "YouTube for androidTV" app? Or the Paid subscription YouTubeTV app? Or SmartYouTube app?

Suggestions:
1.) Make sure the Google Play Services apk is updated.
This number (080306) must be in the version number.
This identifies your correct version of AndroidTV OS.
Example= Version 15.0.90(080306)(231259764)
(this needs a special apk to force it to update through built-in store, or to do it manually from downloading from APKmirror.com, just make sure it is for AndroidTV and for armeabi-v7a)
2.) Make sure the Google Webview apk is updated. A system apk that controls how web content is displayed. Should be available to update through Play store.
3.) If using SmartYouTube in atvX-V2H, make sure the system apk has been uninstalled completely and upgraded to latest version.
4.) If doing any of the above installs/uninstalls make sure to Reboot device then try and see if problem still exists. Editing system apks always needs a System Reboot after modifying them.

My personal preference is using Smart YouTube because its ability to stop ads. The current version of this apk runs flawlessly.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
marshale12

ricklar wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:23 pm [mention]marshale12[/mention] for clarification you refer to the "YouTube for androidTV" app? Or the Paid subscription YouTubeTV app? Or SmartYouTube app?

Suggestions:
1.) Make sure the Google Play Services apk is updated.
This number (080306) must be in the version number.
This identifies your correct version of AndroidTV OS.
Example= Version 15.0.90(080306)(231259764)
(this needs a special apk to force it to update through built-in store, or to do it manually from downloading from APKmirror, just make sure it is for AndroidTV and for armeabi-v7a)
2.) Make sure the Google Webview apk is updated. A system apk that controls how web content is displayed. Should be available to update through Play store.
3.) If using SmartYouTube in atvX-V2H, make sure the system apk has been uninstalled completely and upgraded to latest version.
4.) If doing any of the above installs/uninstalls make sure to Reboot device then try and see if problem still exists. Editing system apks always needs a System Reboot after modifying them.

My personal preference is using Smart YouTube because its ability to stop ads. The current version of this apk runs flawlessly.
Thank you for your reply, am talking about youtube for androidtv and thank you for your advices
inscriber

marshale12 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:14 pm hi everyone
thanks to atvxperience for this awsome build , ive been following you since the V2B and the using experience have improved alot now that am using the V2H everything works fine ,i just have a small problem with the YOUTUBE TV APP it freezes a lot dont know why ?can you please help.thanks again

Find youtube vanced in apptoid it`s beter youtube with out ADDS
goodevil

Remove system Smart YouTube TV app using System App Safe Remover and install apk version from here https://smartyoutubetv.github.io/
It's same app, but supports auto updates and developer is amazing - if you report issue he always reply really quickly.
Playback is the best I've seen so far - 4K@60 playing without any issues