update google play store possible? and how?

appXperience
stilonas
Answers: 0

hi to all.
Try to update google play store from 13.1.33 to latest 13.9.41 but take message "
App not installed the package appears to be corrupt"
tried with apk editor with internal location change with no luck.
Any suggestion?
SrWladimir
Verified Member

stilonas wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:47 pm hi to all.
Try to update google play store from 13.1.33 to latest 13.9.41 but take message "
Any suggestion?
Maybe the play store you are trying to install is the phone one and not the android tv version
stilonas

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-in ... 1-release/

it has number 8 for android tv devices
ricklar

stilonas wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:47 pm hi to all.
Any suggestion?
You never need to upgrade Google Play Store in AtvX ROM.

"13.1.33 to latest 13.9.41" - the updates included in AndroidTV OS Play Store apk are only to make it function better with android 8.1 and 9.0. So not needed for our 7.1.2 version. There is no material change to the Play Store.

But if you have to absolutely have to upgrade the Play Store then you have to modify the System partition; so you need to use a Root Explorer and search: /system/priv-app/ for the file that includes the original apk of the Play Store(note: it has a different name in tv OS). Example in phones and tablets it is called Phonesky. So to continue with my example to update the store in my phone I would have to delete the Phonesky.apk and insert the new PlayStore.apk in its place while also renaming the apk to Phonesky.apk and setting Permissions rw- r-- r-- (note: the name Phonesky is just for demonstration purposes, Do not name your version file Phonesky).
Then Reboot device, an wait extra minute after device boots to let the new PlayStore apk get installed.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
LoraClip

Try to use modified google play store app on your Android device. I'm using it now on my device for installing apps or games without facing any types of the problem...