[ROM] atvXperience v3wip - TX5 Pro and other devices

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
minonano
Verified Member
Answers: 0

Loaded the rom today on my MiniM8SII, looks great, wifi works, only issue is TWRP to install Magisk for rooting. But while waiting for the update as stated by Nayam, can I install super su from aptoidtv? and would that root it?
wnocella

I installed on TX5 Pro. I have problem with static IP address: The box tells: "no internet connection"
nmou88

nmou88 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:38 pm Tried with nexbox a95x but wifi and remote control didn't work :confounded: :confounded:

Will try with a mini m8s II and let you know when I have time

;)
I tried with mini m8s II and everything works except "return" and "menu" buttons on the remote 😕

I will now try with x96
Alzatan

Hi, don't know if anyone has already discussed this here, but with this custom rom I lost the ability to connect an USB external webcam and use it for video calls with Google DUO or other apps that worked fine with the stock rom...
smartboy

Any news about WiFi on TX5pro? Everything working great, except WiFi.
JohnLittle

Hello @Nayam, I also installed v3wip on a TX5 Pro and really like how polished the interface is. I hope your exams went well and that someone noticed all your hard work and dedication with ATVxperience and gave you / will give you a cushy job as a result :-)

After some initial testing, I have the same issue mentioned by @wnocella that (for now) only DHCP works but setting static IPs doesn't, but another issue is that even in DHCP mode, the DNS server address is fixed to google's DNS rather than the one specified over DHCP. I know this because when I go to http://www.whatsmydnsserver.com/ via the puffin browser, I get 172.253.1.5 rather than the one I had specified via DNSmasq on my router (dhcp-option=6,1.1.1.1) -- On other machines on the same network, whatsmydnsserver gives me the right answer (cloudflare).

I really don't know enough about Android to fix this myself. I thought I could connect to the box using via ADB and my male-to-male cable and maybe update some random settings file, but I'm not exactly sure how to put the box in a usable recovery mode (on linux I can see the S905x with lsusb but not adb devices). I'll see if I can follow the instructions @ricklar viewtopic.php?t=399 to install TWRP on my box.

Thanks for your efforts and good luck with your exams!
nmocruz
Verified Member

nmou88 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:19 pm
nmou88 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:38 pm Tried with nexbox a95x but wifi and remote control didn't work :confounded: :confounded:

Will try with a mini m8s II and let you know when I have time

;)
I tried with mini m8s II and everything works except "return" and "menu" buttons on the remote 😕

I will now try with x96
Did you tried?
Anyone else know status on a x96 p212?
nmocruz
Verified Member

Tried yesterday, no WIFI :( anyone know how to solve this?
CFS

hello everybody
ankern

nmou88 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:19 pm I tried with mini m8s II and everything works except "return" and "menu" buttons on the remote
Hi everybody! I installed this rom on Mini M8S II. It works very fast, but don't work "return", "menu" and "power on" buttons. How can I fix it?