Change default launcher

appXperience
djolemc
Answers: 0

How can I change default launcher? I have installed another launcher, and I can go to settings and select that launcher, but when I press home on remote, default launxher is loaded.

Also, can I install 'classic' play store, I can't find manu apps in this one installed?
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

djolemc wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:07 am How can I change default launcher? I have installed another launcher, and I can go to settings and select that launcher, but when I press home on remote, default launxher is loaded.

Also, can I install 'classic' play store, I can't find manu apps in this one installed?
There's no point in having an atv rom if you don't want the tv ui and tv Playstore.
Please refer to normal phone roms for this matter, You can try Poison ROM
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
djolemc

Thank you for your reply.

I'll stick with this one, becouse IPTV is finally working as it should. I have found aptoide with all apps i need, so it is o.k now...

edit:
poison is for s912? I have s905w device...
ricklar

Nayam wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:43 am
djolemc wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:07 am How can I change default launcher? I have installed another launcher, and I can go to settings and select that launcher, but when I press home on remote, default launxher is loaded.
There's no point in having an atv rom if you don't want the tv ui and tv Playstore.
Thank you guys for making this ROM, I like it a lot.
Being android I also love customization.

Is there a way to change the Wallpaper? Would like to run Google Wallpapers App were it generates new background wallpaper daily.

I tried this:
Change wallpaper:
/system/etc/default_wallpaper.png
- Copy new image to overwrite original, all black img allows wallpaper app to function.
- Resolution 1920/1080
- Permissions rw- r-- r--

Didn't work.

I read somewhere that this can be done if I unpack the Leanback Launcher apk and change wallpaper image. Is that the only way??? Or is there a script running that forces the purple background?
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
em3ka

ricklar wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:55 am … if I unpack the Leanback Launcher apk and change wallpaper image. Is that the only way???
Yep! :D
ricklar

Found this app in Google AndroidTV store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... t&hl=en_US

"Launch on Boot" - app to force an App to Start on Boot, can most likely make sure that a secondary Launcher is used after boot is completed.

Found some other apps in standard marketplace: AutoStart Manager and Autostarter. Both should be able to trigger a different Launcher as well.

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

ricklar wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:29 am

"launch on Boot" - app to force an App to Start on Boot, can most likely make sure that a secondary Launcher is used after boot is completed.

Found some other apps in standard marketplace: AutoStart Manager and Autostarter. Both should be able to trigger a different Launcher as well.
Either way, you can delete the lean back launcher from system and install a new launcher.
Can't guarantee but it should work.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
ricklar

Nayam wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:31 am
ricklar wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:29 am

"launch on Boot" - app to force an App to Start on Boot, can most likely make sure that a secondary Launcher is used after boot is completed.

Either way, you can delete the lean back launcher from system and install a new launcher.
Can't guarantee but it should work.

Yes, I tried deleting it and using other Launchers. That works, but some coding in the boot-up process still looks for the Leanback package and cause slower boot time and bug/glitches. So was looking for easier solutions thru using an app.

GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
Asya2017
Verified Member

There is a way to change background or launcher.

Steps for change background:
1- i used "apk easy tool"
2-copy system/priv-app/ leanback launcher.apk to windows.
3-start apk easy tool and decompile apk.
4-after decompile adjust to resolution of picture which you want 1920x1080.
5- in res folder search "bg_default.png" without quotes. And change them with your picture with same name "bg_default.png". Your picture's name will be same. there must be 3 pieces. If there is less or more please write me to change which one
6- after changing the pictures please press the compile butoon at apk easy tool.
7- after compile press sign apk button and wait. 8- these steps are just editing the background.i will write the change background in today.

Sorry for my english.
Asya2017
Verified Member

And changing wallpaper or launcher.

Before these steps you must install another different launcher from aptoide or play store this is so important. you must do it.. i installed nova launcher.
1- after install different launcher please install adb drivers to your windows pc.
2- install or download portable adb tools (platform tools)
3- i preferred to install version. and c: /program files/ minimal adb and fastboot folder.

4- in this folder. run cmd-here.exe
5- there must be a cmd window now.

After this you will delete the leanback launcher and this is a not rollback action. Please be careful.

5- please open usb debugging. connect pc and tv box with a usb cable. Or after usb debugging you can connect with wirelessly.

For wireless connection:

adb connect 192.168.x. Xx ( your tv box ip adress)

You will get a success message if everthing is ok.

After success message

1- write this command.
adb shell

There must be # sign now at the cmd window.

If ok please continue.

Delete launcher command

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.leanbacklauncher

After this command will be a success message

And now you deleted the launcher. you must continue with different launcher or you can install which you edited launcher with new wallpaper.

For continue edited wallpaper launcher.
Copy signed apk(in compiled apks folder apk easy tool)from your windows pc to a usb storage and install.

For continue another launcher

Your launcher is now different because we install it before the deleting. and now change the launcher from playstore or anywhere.

I did with this method. and its worked. if you have a trouble with this method please write with screenshots.

Sorry for my english. i will try my best ☺

Have a good day☺