Success install v2FF on V9 Gomyhom S912 3/32 DDR3

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
TSW
Answers: 0

Hello,
i wish to share with others my 90% successful installation of atvx v2FF on my "firmware-dead" (= i've tried to change firmware without having the original one) device V9 Gomyhom S912 3gb 32Gb DDR3.

The way i used to upgrade firmware on this *GREAT* works of these guys is via BURNING TOOL : googling and find a tons of instruction to how to do it.

This is the device:
External device with cover

Lower cover

PCB with cooler on CPU /RAM

PCB Upper side

PCB Bottom side

Model printed on PCB

SAMSUNG Chip

AMLOGIC S912 CPU

RAM DDR3

WiFi Chip

DDR3 Controller CHIP (?)

Ethernet Chip

Remote

This device works at 90% but i dont know if the causes of the "problems" could be the device or the firmware.
In each case is fully usable with a lot of app except those do not work with rooted device (in Italy TIMVISION and INFINITYTV)

WORKING
-Video & Audio (that's a good start)
- WiFi
- USB Port
- SDCard
- HDMI 1080
- Remote (explained after)

NOT WORKING
- Ethernet Port
- Reboot
- Integrated Chromecast (may be my personal fault....)
- Bluetooth

NOT TESTED
- 4K - i'm just a poor boy and i dont have a 4k TV :|

SHUTDOWN : if done, the BLUE LED Image turning OFF Image and you need to unplug / replug power connector because the remote power-on red key DON'T turn on the device

REBOOT : if done, the BLUE LED Image turn to RED LED Image and REMOTE power on key WORKS!! So, if you wish to turn off your device than turning on from remote, do a REBOOT

REMOTE
The remote configuration file included in v2FF *DO NOT WORK* with this remote device.
The file named "remote.conf" in the folder /etc/ need to be replaced with the following file:

https://mega.nz/#!Iw8WDQxK!C4N-6qkr2HdU ... ECsaLzCwv8

Btw the downloaded file must me decompressed and file "remote.conf" inside the RAR archive MUST be copied into device system folder /etc/ *overwriting* the original one.
If you are unsure, before overwriting , rename the original file in something like "remote.conf.orig"
You need to install an APP like ROOT EXPLORER to do that and give them the permission to read/write in system folder!!!
After this , reboot your device (or unplug/replug power connector) et voilà.

I hope this information can help anybody have this device or a similar one.
:upside_down_face: Please excuse my english, is not my native language :upside_down_face:
Tazorino

me interesa yo tengo este aparato y pude meter el de el t95z pero me pasa igual no funciona ni chromecast ni clavija ethernet ni mando si consigues algo mas podrias hacermelo saber de momento voy a probar con el tuyo ya que el mio la recepcion de wifi es muy mala
antonio6o6
Expert Member

tazorino wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:33 pm me interesa yo tengo este aparato y pude meter el de el t95z pero me pasa igual no funciona ni chromecast ni clavija ethernet ni mando si consigues algo mas podrias hacermelo saber de momento voy a probar con el tuyo ya que el mio la recepcion de wifi es muy mala
amigo que es.lo que busca para tu caja cual es el problema que tienes con tu caja a ver si puedo ayudarte
Tazorino

Tengo este aparato pero no encuentro la stock ROM y las ROM que e conseguido meter les fallan varias cosas si tienes avances en este sentido avísame gracias
acocalypso

do you know if ethernet is working now?