[DISCUSSION] Sunvell T95Z Max TV Box

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
kick
Verified Member
Answers: 0

bumerc wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:00 pm [mention]kick[/mention]
Do you have a 4k TV or only Full HD? The resolution has been set to 2160p60hz default in this build. Post the link to the stock FW.
I have full HD. When I plug the box back into the PC it is no longer recognized and I can no longer short the nand for some reason.
Here's the link to the stock FW I used from Poison rom post on xdadevelopers forum:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/f3ssbt3x6 ... DR3-2G.rar
etzka
Experienced Member

[mention]bumerc[/mention] , Yesterday box frezees a lot. Today no freezing, for 3-4 hours. After that I sleeped box, and after about 20min, I wanted to wakeup it, but again box dont wake up. Then I pull out and in power for 5 times, but box stops booting, stuck on atvx logo, here is uart log http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=512 ... 4138943270

sometimes helps succsesfully booting box, when I pull out power cord for a longer period, like 30min or more

that sleeping does something to the box that makes it sometimes impossible to turn on the box, although yesterday sleeping works well...

edit

now I reflashed box, first boot, launching "smart youtube" app, and system freeze
here is log https://pastebin.com/vHWnaX4D

yesterday freezes on others apps, or when doing nothink

interesting think :) in that log
[ 277.240404@1] Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception
kick
Verified Member

Do you have a 4k TV or only Full HD? The resolution has been set to 2160p60hz default in this build. Post the link to the stock FW.
Hi bumerc, I was finally able to get the box recognized and re-flashed the stock firmware again. I have AP6255 and 2g-emcp-v1021 if that makes any difference. Just can't get this dang thing to work with atvXperience for some reason.

With my stock firmware, I can't get the remote to work with my iptv for some reason. It works fine with all other apps. By flashing atvXperience on my HK1 box, that fixed the problem so was really hoping to update the T95Z Plus with atvx. Failing that, any suggestions on how I may be be able to fix the remote issue with stock firmware? Is there a remote config file on the box somewhere that can be tweaked and maybe copy settings from the HK1 (905W) with atvx?

I appreciate your help.
etzka
Experienced Member

kick wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:01 pm
Hi bumerc, I was finally able to get the box recognized and re-flashed the stock firmware again. I have AP6255 and 2g-emcp-v1021 if that makes any difference. Just can't get this dang thing to work with atvXperience for some reason.

With my stock firmware, I can't get the remote to work with my iptv for some reason. It works fine with all other apps. By flashing atvXperience on my HK1 box, that fixed the problem so was really hoping to update the T95Z Plus with atvx. Failing that, any suggestions on how I may be be able to fix the remote issue with stock firmware? Is there a remote config file on the box somewhere that can be tweaked and maybe copy settings from the HK1 (905W) with atvx?

I appreciate your help.
I think there is "remote.conf" file in firmware image, you have to extract image, and find that file, then put that file in another extracted image and then repack with amlogic tools.
I dont no is this right, because I dont try that, I dont no if it works...
kick
Verified Member

etzka wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:07 pm
kick wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:01 pm
bumerc wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:00 pm @kick

I appreciate your help.
I think there is "remote.conf" file in firmware image, you have to extract image, and find that file, then put that file in another extracted image and then repack with amlogic tools.
I dont no is this right, because I dont try that, I dont no if it works...
Thanks etzka, I tried copying remote.conf from HK1 (where it works fine with atvx) and copied to my T95Z+ stock firmware and still no joy unfortunately. If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.
etzka
Experienced Member

kick wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:25 pm Thanks etzka, I tried copying remote.conf from HK1 (where it works fine with atvx) and copied to my T95Z+ stock firmware and still no joy unfortunately. If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.
I think you have no option, because that two boxes are difrrent...or maybe I am wrong....
kick
Verified Member

etzka wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:47 pm
kick wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:25 pm Thanks etzka, I tried copying remote.conf from HK1 (where it works fine with atvx) and copied to my T95Z+ stock firmware and still no joy unfortunately. If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.
I think you have no option, because that two boxes are difrrent...or maybe I am wrong....
Solved! Got rid of the box! :grinning:
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

etzka wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:16 pm [mention]bumerc[/mention] , Yesterday box frezees a lot. Today no freezing, for 3-4 hours. After that I sleeped box, and after about 20min, I wanted to wakeup it, but again box dont wake up. Then I pull out and in power for 5 times, but box stops booting, stuck on atvx logo, here is uart log http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=512 ... 4138943270

sometimes helps succsesfully booting box, when I pull out power cord for a longer period, like 30min or more

that sleeping does something to the box that makes it sometimes impossible to turn on the box, although yesterday sleeping works well...

edit

now I reflashed box, first boot, launching "smart youtube" app, and system freeze
here is log https://pastebin.com/vHWnaX4D

yesterday freezes on others apps, or when doing nothink

interesting think :) in that log
[ 277.240404@1] Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception
You're using the wrong bootloader, for t95z I've compiled a special bootloader and integrated it into the t95z build.
1. Here is the special bootloader for your box, please use it.
2. Now use this DTB, emmc bug fixed.

DTB Installation via u-boot Terminal:

Code: Select all

store erase dtb
fatload mmc 0 ${dtb_mem_addr} meson1.dtb 
store dtb write ${dtb_mem_addr} 0x40000
Download
Last edited by bumerc on Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated Link
etzka
Experienced Member

bumerc wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:27 pm You're using the wrong bootloader, for t95z I've compiled a special bootloader and integrated it into the t95z build.
1. Here is the special bootloader for your box, please use it.
2. Now use this DTB, emmc bug fixed.

DTB Installation via u-boot Terminal:
CODE: SELECT ALL

store erase dtb
fatload mmc 0 ${dtb_mem_addr} meson1.dtb
store dtb write ${dtb_mem_addr} 0x40000
Download
What? :)
I'm using what you suggested...
and there is no any file in your link...
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

What? :)
I'm using what you suggested...
and there is no any file in your link...
In between, you have another build installed, this is only for devices with rtl8211f Transceiver thought, not ZTE. ;)