My Build.prop Edit

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
ricklar
Answers: 0

[mention]Nayam[/mention] The build.prop tweaks at end of v2G build.prop are not formatted correct, has "set prop" inserted before code. Don't think the shell prompt /set prop/ works in that file 🤣

@Everybody-else
I been running a customized build.prop in v2FF and should work for v2G/V2H. Fell free to review and/or use. I have the H96 Pro+ so some lines have that inserted in. The file is named build.prop.txt so easy to review, if want to install remove { .txt } by renaming it and using a Root explorer copy+paste it to /system/ to overwrite original and Set Permission: rw- r-- r--

File:
build.prop.txt

Warning: If you don't set permissions correct you may brick your device. And be sure to remove the .txt from end of file if copy/paste it in.

Edit: Only use in 3GB Ram devices.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
kanakjr

Thanks ricklar for sharing your build.prop. :grinning:
I've a question will it work with H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR3 box??
ricklar

[mention]kanakjr[/mention] Yes it will work in all S912 boxes, in first post just gave a fair warning that the build.prop had some unique identifiers, so when using programs like CPUz or AIDA64 -apks which read the build.prop for device info, they will say things related to H96 or related to the spoofed device Xiaomi.

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
kanakjr

Thanks again for the response. One more question does spoofing Xiaomi device in build.prop provide any advantage?? Like same way can we spoof using fire tv to use prime video on h96 pro+. ':)
ricklar

kanakjr wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:04 am Thanks again for the response. One more question does spoofing Xiaomi device in build.prop provide any advantage?? Like same way can we spoof using fire tv to use prime video on h96 pro+. ':)
In theory it should help, spoofing Xiaomi should correct errors when apks look for official android devices. After adding that in, even Google tries to download software updates for a Xiaomi device, so I think it is working lol. Even had to turn off the notifications from the Google Play Services apk.

Test and let us know if any paid or drm protected apks get any errors. I don't use Netflix or Amazon, so can't verify myself. I did find a couple more codes for build.prop for Netflix that may need to be added for UHD; I just don't know exactly what device they should show to spoof correctly.

GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
AxEgo
Experienced Member

Netflix has a list of approved devices at: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444? ... categories (click on the "Do other devices support Ultra HD streaming with Netflix?" link). Maybe you can spoof one of those devices.
X96 Mini - S905W - 2/16GB ATVXperience v2F
ricklar

AxEgo wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:32 am Netflix has a list of approved devices at: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444? ... categories (click on the "Do other devices support Ultra HD streaming with Netflix?" link). Maybe you can spoof one of those devices.
That is good, but it doesn't give the root name for the device.
So example a FireTV 4k player is FIRETVSTB2017 -that is the only one I know the device name from those lists.

Here are the lines Netflix apk searches:

Code: Select all

ro.nrdp.modelgroup=
ro.vendor.nrdp.modelgroup=
ro.nrdp.oemmodel=
ro.vendor.oemmodel=
sys.amazon.devicename=
vendor.display-size=3840x2160
So you could just insert [FIRETVSTB2017] in every line ending and try, but not 💯positive it will work.

GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
AxEgo
Experienced Member

Can I just edit build.prop and reboot the device, or do I have to build an .img and flash the device with it?
X96 Mini - S905W - 2/16GB ATVXperience v2F
ricklar

AxEgo wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:14 am Can I just edit build.prop and reboot the device, or do I have to build an .img and flash the device with it?
Just edit, the line <ro.nrdp.modelgroup=> is in Build.prop already. Has NexusPlayer inserted, just delete and add the new lines in. I use jrummy's build.prop editor apk. Can set permissions inside the app, plus Reboot from the app, and it can backup the original if you want rollback an edit.

GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
almog250
Verified Member

I try it on h version is destroyed my box :\ and I was must to flash again the rom.