TX3 Mini 8723 20181226 - New version

TX3 Mini, X96 Mini, W95 to name a few...
lparker
Answers: 0

Hi there,

Just received 14x TX3 Mini's that appear to be a different version then I have been getting via DHgate. ATVxperience v2ff / v2g / v2h won't load, gives DiskInital error in USB burning tool. Waiting on the seller to provide stock firmware.

From stock firmware: p281-userdebug 7.1.2.NHG47L.20181229.test-keys

Has anyone seen one of these before? I will edit this post and share the stock firmware once they provide it to me. Hopefully we can get ATVxperience working on the TX3 Mini's as it works SO well on the previous model.
davidlaz
Verified Member

I have the same problem. With previous tanix tx3 mini no problems to flash atvxperience ROM. With this new tanix tx3 mini board always USB burning tool error 7% diskinitial error. Only can flash original tanix ROM 20181210. I hope atvxperience's developers can fix it too. Thanks
Last edited by davidlaz on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

davidlaz wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:40 pm I have the same problem. With previous tanix tx3 mini no problems to flash atvxperience ROM. With this new tanix tx3 mini board always USB burning tool error 7% diskinitial error. Only can flash original tanix ROM 2018120. I hope atvxperience's developers can fix it too. Thanks
Probably some fake uboot, that's why. It's not a new tanix firmware, it's a fake box.
Read the tutorials section for uboot error.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
davidlaz
Verified Member

Nayam wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:17 pm
davidlaz wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:40 pm I have the same problem. With previous tanix tx3 mini no problems to flash atvxperience ROM. With this new tanix tx3 mini board always USB burning tool error 7% diskinitial error. Only can flash original tanix ROM 2018120. I hope atvxperience's developers can fix it too. Thanks
Probably some fake uboot, that's why. It's not a new tanix firmware, it's a fake box.
Read the tutorials section for uboot error.
I don't think its a fake box. I bought it to the same seller, previous motherboard has v1.1, and in those new has v1.3 date 20181226 and came with original tanix firmware and I can flash original tanix ROM 20181220 without problems. I think next tanix tx3 mini news come with this new mother board.
Last edited by davidlaz on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
davidlaz
Verified Member

quote=em3ka post_id=3837 time=1548334041 user_id=284]
ricklar wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:27 am ... solution is to repackage the firmware with different UBOOT files to your specific ram MHz device, AtvX most likely wont work for you.

To unpack stock firmware and pull out the files you need Amlogic CustomizationTool. The Ram and Bootloader need to match for firmware to be usable. The stock files to pull from stock firmware:

Code: Select all

aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT
UBOOT.USB
bootloader.PARTITION
DDR.USB
Most Simple solution I could recommend is to Flash stock firmware,
Check both Erase All and Erase Bootloader on stock install,
Then plug in TV make sure box is working then unplug,
Load AtvX LPDDR into Burning Tool,
Only check Erase All,
Not check erase bootloader, that will keep stock Bootloader in place.
Burn img and see if it works.

Erasing stock bootloader causes issues for boxes not tested by developers of ROM, so Burning will use built-in AtvX firmware files "UBOOT" and "bootloader" which may change the RAM MHz speed value too high or too low which will cause box not to boot.
original post by [mention]ricklar[/mention]
[/quote]
I try this and then I can flash the atvx ROM correctly whitout errors, but then when I plug it only get boot and logo atvxperience.
ricklar

[mention]davidlaz[/mention] What exactly did you try?

1) Did you repackaged firmware and it still doesn't work?
Or
2) Did you burn the img file with not erasing Bootloader?
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
davidlaz
Verified Member

ricklar wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:06 am [mention]davidlaz[/mention] What exactly did you try?

1) Did you repackaged firmware and it still doesn't work?
Or
2) Did you burn the img file with not erasing Bootloader?
Both.
1 only get boot with atvxperience logo screen only, no more
2 get boot with black scree, no more
davidlaz
Verified Member

If I change only uboot.USB from original firmware, I can flash it 100% without error, but when I plug tanix only shows black screen and boot display.
And if I change uboot.USB and bootloader.PARTITION, the same but with atvxperience's logo screen.
davidlaz
Verified Member

This is the new mother board
lparker

This new TX3 Mini uses a p281 bootloader, and uses the same firmware as the TX3 Mini L/H model. I was able to get a TWRP image of a modded Nexus ATV image built for the TX3 Mini L model to work on these. Found it on 4pda with a bunch of Russian apps installed.

I can repost the TWRP image here with the process I used if that's ok. I couldn't get any version of ATVx working unfortunately.