Remote on Nexbox a95X

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
penoze
Answers: 0

After some searching and trying things out, I found the way to get the remote that came with my nexbox a95x working with atvXperience.

I copied the remote.conf from the latest version of the original nexbox a95x rom downloaded from:
http://www.inexbox.com/nexbox-a95xs905x ... e-guiders/
The conf file is located in /system/etc/

Flashed the latest (2ff @ the moment) atvXperience and copied the remote.conf file to the same location, I used ES explorer for this. Restart the box and working like a charm.
remote.zip
<-- the conf file

Have fun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hannah
Experienced Member

Well I applied this remote.conf via 'adb push' command.

The power on/off button is NOT working that is to say if you have this box to sleep or stop, you cannot use the remote to wake or start the box. You would need to take the power cord out and then insert to start the box.

Version v2H rom, the default remote.conf (inbuilt in this rom) has the same behavior.

All other buttons in this remote are working.
soldiaz
Expert Member

Yes, thats not an experience. I guess we should know for which remote the build is coded since all other can be remapped. CEC does not work. If it worked it was not an issue since I could pair fly mouse with tv powerbutton. But when I switch on tv then box does not Turn on
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

Pinned on top
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
hannah
Experienced Member

soldiaz wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:16 pm Yes, thats not an experience. I guess we should know for which remote the build is coded since all other can be remapped. CEC does not work. If it worked it was not an issue since I could pair fly mouse with tv powerbutton. But when I switch on tv then box does not Turn on
This is my TV Box:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-NE ... 52453.html

I can confirm that CEC does work at times. Particularly it works as soon as the box boots up and then it stops.

Issues: The power button in the remote does NOT work and still looking for a solution. Any help appreciated.
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

I've got a couple of a95x boxes, so v3 will support them fully
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
soldiaz
Expert Member

MMh well....it was my fault..too stupid..guess I mixed up the remote cfgs.....did not try atvx but Android TV 6 rom. Replaced remote.cfg....no problem, everything works as should...
hannah
Experienced Member

soldiaz wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:20 pm MMh well....it was my fault..too stupid..guess I mixed up the remote cfgs.....did not try atvx but Android TV 6 rom. Replaced remote.cfg....no problem, everything works as should...
Hello

Can you please share your replaced remote.cfg so that I can try in my box as well.

Current the power on / off switch in my remote is NOT able to power on my tv box.
The only way to turn my box on is take the power cord off and then push it back on.

Much appreciated.
s_anand89
Experienced Member

soldiaz wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:20 pm MMh well....it was my fault..too stupid..guess I mixed up the remote cfgs.....did not try atvx but Android TV 6 rom. Replaced remote.cfg....no problem, everything works as should...
Can you please explain how you resolved the issue .....
:alien: My Device : Memobox UFO (s905X) & A95X F1 (s905W) :alien:
soldiaz
Expert Member

Ok, get get system\etc\remote.conf and back it up. Then flash desired custom rom. In case remote is not working then just paste backed up remote.conf to system\etc and overwrite existing remote.conf there.

Thats all