atvXperience v3 Feature Request

Section for discussions about the project. Hear directly from Admins and Moderators.
huckleberrypie
Verified Member
Answers: 0

SrWladimir wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:58 pm
huckleberrypie wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:16 am
SrWladimir wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:40 am
Whats the problem with Magisk? My Magisk setup works without any issue than the typical issues when using a controller for normal apps
Magisk Hide doesn't seem to be working for some reason as I keep on getting denied by the WRC app even though I whitelisted it.
It does even fully pass SafetyNet?
I'm afraid it didn't. :/
Lacix
Verified Member

Nayam wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:29 pm
canbonbon wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:36 pm Oh Please make it on Oreo 8.0 or 8.1

That would be great and totally worth your time.
It will be oreo.
But not for S912 right?
The Oreo version is 64 or 32 bit?
(It seems like the V2 Nougat 32bit version has better video codecs than the 64bit version ATV that I've tried before but I've heard Amlogic maybe fixed it's drivers for 8.1.)

On the DTV topic:
- Someone could try to create a plugin for Live Channels but I think it is a big work and needs drivers for the tuner(s). (I've tried this with NextPVR but not fully succeeded yet)
or have you tried with DTV apk? Is it not working? (maybe not because of drivers.)
http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.com ... ation.html
SrWladimir
Verified Member

huckleberrypie wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:10 am
huckleberrypie wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:16 am
Magisk Hide doesn't seem to be working for some reason as I keep on getting denied by the WRC app even though I whitelisted it.
My s905x passes SafetyNet without issues in atvx 2ff to 2h, are you sure you didn't break something?
ricklar

Hmm... V3 for S905W, S905, and S912 feature requests....
Only 3 ??? I could write an essay paper on this.
LOL

My Feature Request List:

• Feature 1
- My biggest complaint with AtvX is UI/UX, I don't like the included "AtvX AppDrawer." Stock TV OS AppDrawer is better then the version that looks like it came from a KitKat device. Only positive is that the AppDrawer shows ALL installed apps(mobile+tvOS).
OR
My dream solution would be porting the right-side pop-up taskbar style AppDrawer out from the TVlauncher app, that even though the apk is tvOS compatible, it's embedded AppDrawer shows all apks(mobile+tvOS).https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... o.tv&hl=en

• Feature 2
- Another UI/UX problem I think would be cool to change. The stock tvOS virtual keyboard takes up the lower half of the screen when activated. About 40% of the screen, when only 1/3 is the actual keyboard. A hotfix would be to make its background transparent and keys maybe neon pink. Or have AtvX firmware come with Google's Gboard as secondary keyboard option input. Is what I use in my AtvX firmware, it is the mobile 32-bit version which doesn't allow keyboard to shrink, or to use d-pad controls to type, have to use air-mouse to select keys and keyboard takes up 50% of screen when in use.

• Feature 3
- Update screensaver system apk: Backdrop Daydream (AndroidTV version got updated in 2019 Feb. tvOS update, included bug fixes). Currently running it my box, seems like no more lag time or hang-ups before the Backdrop starts.

Thank you
:upside_down_face:

P.S. Was doing some research on Netflix compatibility issues. With newest Netflix they incorporate a HDMI driver the "HDCP 2.2" which is needed to communicate Copyright Protocols between TV box thru hdmi cable to newer TV's that incorporate that security measure thru HDMI. A feature that is suppose to be available in the new SoC s905x2. Wondering if you knew more about it and if it could be implemented in S912/S905W.

[mention]Nayam[/mention]
[mention]Carmine[/mention]
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
GodFire62
Verified Member

Hi Nayam !

My features:
- Support for autoframerate in Kodi (which actually doesn't work on any android tv device)
- DTS HD / Dolby True HD passthrough with Kodi
- Wallpaper customization

Thank you !
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

ricklar wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:29 pm Stock TV OS AppDrawer is better then the version
I don't get what you mean by 'Stock TV OS AppDrawer'. No AndroidTV OS comes with an app drawer, this is something that Carmine made in android studio for atvX. But I'm trying to recreate one with better UI.
ricklar wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:29 pm My dream solution would be porting the right-side pop-up taskbar style AppDrawer out from the TVlauncher app, that even though the apk is tvOS compatible, it's embedded AppDrawer shows all apks
Really difficult to do so without leanback source codes, as you know, The google leanback launcher is really closed-source so we're trying our best with modifications.
ricklar wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:29 pmA hotfix would be to make its background transparent and keys maybe neon pink.
That's actually a really cool idea, I'll have to see if the color overlay can be modded or not.
ricklar wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:29 pm Update screensaver system apk: Backdrop Daydream (AndroidTV version got updated in 2019 Feb. tvOS update, included bug fixes). Currently running it my box, seems like no more lag time or hang-ups before the Backdrop starts.
Done :)
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

GodFire62 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:02 pm - Wallpaper customization
Really hard to implement since that background is a dynamic thing. You'll need to change the wallpaper the hard-mod way.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
dejavumy

Lacix wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:19 pm
Nayam wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:29 pm
canbonbon wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:36 pm Oh Please make it on Oreo 8.0 or 8.1

That would be great and totally worth your time.
It will be oreo.
But not for S912 right?
The Oreo version is 64 or 32 bit?
(It seems like the V2 Nougat 32bit version has better video codecs than the 64bit version ATV that I've tried before but I've heard Amlogic maybe fixed it's drivers for 8.1.)

On the DTV topic:
- Someone could try to create a plugin for Live Channels but I think it is a big work and needs drivers for the tuner(s). (I've tried this with NextPVR but not fully succeeded yet)
or have you tried with DTV apk? Is it not working? (maybe not because of drivers.)
http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.com ... ation.html
i tried DTV apk but it didn't worked :(
guillaume964c4

dejavumy wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:28 am i tried DTV apk but it didn't worked :(
Very bad news... Thanks for testing.

I hope that a solution can be found for the V3 that I would like to install...
huckleberrypie
Verified Member

SrWladimir wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:36 pm
huckleberrypie wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:10 am
My s905x passes SafetyNet without issues in atvx 2ff to 2h, are you sure you didn't break something?
I am not sure tbh. I might try it again at some point though.