[QUESTION] Pendoo X8 Mini 2G/16

TX3 Mini, X96 Mini, W95 to name a few...
dink
Answers: 0

Hi Folks...i'm Nube here... Anyone can Help me with my Question?
How to Backup Original Firmware Pendoo X8 Mini ? Anyone have the Original Firmware ? I want to Flash it with ATV V2 Firmware..it's possible? How to to Flash and Root? Thanks before..
ricklar

Pendoo should be same as X96mini for Hardware compatibility. I believe both are made by the Dragonworth company which is OEM/ODM for tv boxes, with the Pendoo brand being the in-house brand for Dragonworth.

If your original firmware has Root, look online for TWRP img to Flash that matches your amlogic chip, then make a full nand backup within TWRP recovery.

Can also try to Flash zip in the factory update app to get TWRP working.
Download: twrp.zip

May want to take some files out of stock firmware like remote.conf and wifi, just in case your box has unique sw/hw drivers.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
ArcherKane

I used the SD card method on my Pendoo X8 mini. Worked great, remotes Bluetooth etc.. burned image to SD card, held in the reset button and added power and it did the rest 👍
Pendoo X8 mini
ArcherKane

Also if I remember correctly, you can message Pendoo, and they will hook you up with the original firmware. My box was bricked so I never got to back it up.
Pendoo X8 mini
ricklar

[mention]ArcherKane[/mention] thanks for info, but which exact firmware version did you install?

V2E, V2F, v2FF, V2H ?

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
ArcherKane

It was v2H
Pendoo X8 mini
ArcherKane

The only issue I've had is, every once in a while when I turn the box on, the app icons will look blurry. A quick restart takes care of it👍
Pendoo X8 mini
vananick
Verified Member

Hi guys, i flashed this rom yesterday and is great. No freezes, no stopped working. I have a question thow. Why is google play so limited? I can't find a browser let's say. Can i install apks? I haven't tried yet. Thanks.
ricklar

vananick wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:46 pm Hi guys, i flashed this rom yesterday and is great. No freezes, no stopped working. I have a question thow. Why is google play so limited? I can't find a browser let's say. Can i install apks? I haven't tried yet. Thanks.
Google Play is limited because it is the AndroidTV version which limits to apks that work well when viewed on tv screen and controlled by remote. You can install Puffin web browser from the included store or sideload any browser that is on standard android store. Best store alternatives are Aurora Store, Yalp Store, APKmirror.com, and Aptoide. In my opinion the best browser for AndroidTV is Firefox for TV, which I think was made for Amazon Fire devices originally, and can be downloaded from APKmirror.com

GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
vananick
Verified Member

Thanks for the answer. If i want to unroot my device cause an app ask for it in order to work, how i'm going to do it? Thanks again.