Can't wait for V3

Section for discussions about the project. Hear directly from Admins and Moderators.
ricklar
Answers: 0

Post taken from atvXperience Facebook page, be sure to follow to get the latest info.

I know you all must be expecting v3 but it's not as easy as it looks.
As planned: S905W, S912, S905X will receive v3 - NOUGAT.

"Wait, what about Oreo?"
That too, but the problem is, S905X has Oreo, but it has wifi problems because Amlogic never made Oreo available for all S905X devices. So, only one device, TX5 Pro will be receiving Oreo v3. Of course, it will work in other devices but without WiFi.

S905X2 will receive v3 - OREO 8.1, it will be the first Device to receive v3.

The updates are phased so that means some chipsets will receive it first and others will receive it later... We are also expecting to support large variety of devices this time so you may see device specific builds.

This time, we have playXperience v3 based on Kodi 18.1. The UI has been updated. New bootvideo, wallpaper, icons for a fresh, stealthy dark mode look. Many modules for USB Bluetooth, WiFi and gamepads were added. Device specific bugs like WiFi and remote configurations will be taken into consideration and released as separate builds on download.atvxperience.com

"Why is it taking time?"
Well, it's hard to manage so many things at once. atvX along with my school studies and other projects that I'm currently working on, are consuming my time and very little is left for atvX but it will be there, that's for sure. Besides the new look, I'm adding as many things as possible but remember, it's amlogic and there's not much you can do for it.

So, final wrap up.
v3 NOUGAT : S905W, S912, S905X
v3 OREO : S905X, S905X2

Some people were also requesting S905 support so I have taken that into consideration as well and will try my best to make it happen but please don't keep your hopes high as I don't have any S905 device so I highly rely on others for feedback.

BUT, I'm also working on porting Oreo on S905W, S912 so that means atvX may be the first ever oreo rom on these devices. Amlogic never released Oreo SDK for S912, S905W but we're trying our best to apply hacks and mods to make Oreo work on these abandoned chipsets

"How much time will it take?"
I don't know, a week maybe? Or 2 weeks probably. But surely not another month. As for now, only I will be releasing builds and working on them with our newest member, Vadim. If anybody would like to contribute, you are more than welcome. Please message me (@NayamAmarshe) if you'd like to work on atvX.

Thanks,
Nayam Amarshe
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
xfury94
Verified Member

If you guys need I can test s905w 1gb betas.

Keep up the good work my friends
s_anand89
Experienced Member

[mention]Nayam[/mention] Almost one month getting over from the face book post , still no news about the release of version 3. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
:alien: My Device : Memobox UFO (s905X) & A95X F1 (s905W) :alien:
guimex

Hi,
do you have an idea of the first beta or release you will publish ?
And thank you a lot for your work !!!
reefmonger

My Grandfather once said " If your getting something for free, you can ask any question but When ? "
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

s_anand89 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:03 pm [mention]Nayam[/mention] Almost one month getting over from the face book post , still no news about the release of version 3. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Really Sorry for that, if you want, I can upload an AOSP version of oreo. Right now, I'm having some file context issues that's all, when i fix it oreo will be ready
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
sapateira
Verified Member

What about the Nougat versions?
SrWladimir
Verified Member

Nayam wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:32 pm
s_anand89 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:03 pm [mention]Nayam[/mention] Almost one month getting over from the face book post , still no news about the release of version 3. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Really Sorry for that, if you want, I can upload an AOSP version of oreo. Right now, I'm having some file context issues that's all, when i fix it oreo will be ready
I personally want that AOSP version, Its Like a "preview" of how performance will be with the real atvXperience v3 Oreo
s_anand89
Experienced Member

Nayam wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:32 pm
Don't be sorry, will wait no issues, if time permits kindly update the progress ..........
:alien: My Device : Memobox UFO (s905X) & A95X F1 (s905W) :alien:
ricklar

[mention]s_anand89[/mention] did you see this thread: viewtopic.php?p=4852#p4852

Is where some progress was reported recently...
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!