Allwinner h6 Android PIE ATV conversion from regular

Discuss about life, love, interests and modding here!
soldiaz
Expert Member
Answers: 0

Guys, any way to convert regular PIE to ATV PIE?

Flash ATV gapps of course but something else?

And what if there is no TWRP ?.. I do have root access...
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

soldiaz wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:16 am Guys, any way to convert regular PIE to ATV PIE?

2 things,
Unpack atvX and stock
Use Winmerge
Merge the differences
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
soldiaz
Expert Member

I do not have the original firmware and cannot backup. TWRP missing.

There are several tutorials out there. Do you know wether they suit to te latest Android PIE too?

Files:

tv_core_hardware.xml
tv_features.xml
PlayStoreLeanback.apk
PlayServicesLeanback.apk
com.google.android.leanbacklauncher_1.1.7.3300609.apk
com.google.android.gms_15.0.90.apk
ricklar

soldiaz wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:16 am Guys, any way to convert regular PIE to ATV PIE?
soldiaz wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:35 am I do not have the original firmware and cannot backup. TWRP missing.
There are several tutorials out there. Do you know wether they suit to te latest Android PIE too?
Overall it is a lot of work to covert an Allwinner H6 device to custom firmware, not to mention trying to convert it also to ATV. If you really want to, it will take a lot of time and knowledge to complete.

For example, If you don't have the original firmware, then research how you extract system.img/boot.img/recovery.img through terminal shell cmds for android phones, it will be the same for TV boxes. You need to know about all the moving parts that make android work.

TWRP will be a requirement to Flash GAPPS. There are no already compiled TWRP recoveries for the H6, so you will have to compile a TWRP.img from source code. This is possible to do for any android device that has Root access, it is just not easy to do, and is the main reason why most people don't make their own TWRPs for phones and let the TWRP Team do the actual work themselves.

So, to answer your questions, yes it can be done. No there is no single tutorial to accomplish what you want to do. There is no easy way to do it. Even the great SuperCeleron from FreakTab that has the privately made Allwinner development tools to make a custom firmware for the H6 chip, will only do small modifications to those firmwares like clean its resources, install minor android tweaks and cosmetic tweaks.

My suggestion is leave Allwinner H6 devices alone. I do own a Tanix H6 with PIE myself, I added some build.prop tweaks, deleted stock preinstalled apps+system_apps that were not needed, deleted unnecessary things from System, installed updated Stericson busybox, but overall it is stock firmware and it has flaws.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
soldiaz
Expert Member

Are you happy withe the Allwinner H6? Why did you buy it?
soldiaz
Expert Member

I would like to use MAGISK. Which root method are you on? What do you think is it possible to have MAGISK on it?
soldiaz
Expert Member

There is h6 TWRP on 4PDA but I do nat have an account..

Anyone with account could kindly download and supply?

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&show ... p=81256918
em3ka

soldiaz wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:08 am There is h6 TWRP on 4PDA...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ricklar

soldiaz wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:48 am Are you happy withe the Allwinner H6? Why did you buy it?
I saw the H6 with 4GB/32GB for $45 and from a good company like Tanix, I decided I had to try that box out, and I ordered right when it got released by Gearbest.com. Things I like about it: the external wifi antenna, the good amount of ram and storage, and the Alice Launcher. When I first order the Tanix TX6 it came with a stable Android7 installed. Waited to upgrade to Android9 Pie till last month to avoid most of the major bugs that Pie was first released with. Overall a good little box, definitely a box for hobbyist that tweak and modify android, not a box for people that just want to plug-in and play easily.
soldiaz wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:56 am I would like to use MAGISK. Which root method are you on? What do you think is it possible to have MAGISK on it?
My TX6 has the standard root/rootfs installed, the open root that has no superuser app installed. Will try the TWRP you found and will try to install the latest Magisk when I have a chance later this week. Thanks for finding that.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
soldiaz
Expert Member

I do not have tX6 but another Allwinner h6. Maybe there is a chance that this twrp works for them too?