[ROM] atvXperience v3 - Oreo 8.1 (A95X Max Edition)

New and faster chipset from Amlogic
hortdog
Answers: 0

Hello Nayam and Ricklar
I re traced all the steps. I found that my PC had an old version of the usb burning tool. I found it and proceeded to uninstall all previous versions of the tool. I downloaded the latest version off atvX downloads. Copied licence in to burning tool . Changed USB ports on PC to usb 2 port and the process step by step worked. Extremely excited.
Thanks for your pointers and now we can work on our apk's for customers.
Leigh Horton
ricklar

[mention]hortdog[/mention] Glad to hear mate! :grin:
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
ZilogZ80

Nayam wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:30 am
ZilogZ80 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:21 am Hi Nayam
I loaded your ROM onto my A95x Max. I like it very much and it's been working well. One thing that doesn't work is AirScreen, it just quits a few seconds after it launches. This happened with the factory ROM as well. Any help?
Thanks,
Chris
I'll check it out and see if I can fix it.
Can you post a logcat if possible?
Here ya go. Included one of the NBC TV app crashing too. Out of all the TV services, NBC is the only one that doesn't work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doktorspin

Desperate to get rid of the firmware on the A95X MAX, I tried this ROM, but it was just not the sort of thing I was after. I was looking to get rid of constraints, but AndroidTV had even more, so after testdriving for a while and finding too many things crippled, I reflashed the original firmware. I wanted a system which was free of constraints and even the version of Play Store was brain dead. I just didn't know what the implications of AndroidTV were.

Congratulations to the developers for their efforts to load a non-stock ROM on this device. I've seen how difficult it is to change basic stuff. As the bootloader is—as N'ayam has indicated elsewhere—encrypted, there is no way I can see to install Magisk, which needs to patch the bootloader, and there seems no way to install TWRP, both things that give more control to the user. So kudos for your work.

I just wonder if you intend to collaborate on a version of a more generic ROM, such as LineageOS. Or has anyone succeeded in installing a version of Linux on this A95X MAX?
ricklar

doktorspin wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:41 am Desperate to get rid of the firmware on the A95X MAX, I tried this ROM, but it was just not the sort of thing I was after. I was looking to get rid of constraints, but AndroidTV had even more, so after testdriving for a while and finding too many things crippled, I reflashed the original firmware. I wanted a system which was free of constraints and even the version of Play Store was brain dead. I just didn't know what the implications of AndroidTV were.
There are always work arounds to the constraints of AndroidTV, but this ROM is named atvXperience for the fact it is ATV focused, and it is still android underneath the leanback launcher and TV focused store.
Congratulations to the developers for their efforts to load a non-stock ROM on this device. I've seen how difficult it is to change basic stuff. As the bootloader is—as N'ayam has indicated elsewhere—encrypted, there is no way I can see to install Magisk, which needs to patch the bootloader, and there seems no way to install TWRP, both things that give more control to the user. So kudos for your work.

I just wonder if you intend to collaborate on a version of a more generic ROM, such as LineageOS. Or has anyone succeeded in installing a version of Linux on this A95X MAX?
Nayam has already started work on a stock android AOSP-Xperience which is much more similar to LineageOS. Already has the name ThanOS, see this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=4923#p4923

As far as installing Linux, I would go see what the open source community of Armbian or LibreTech have come up with, last I checked in on their projects they had added support to the S905X2 chip with first installs going on the X96_Max device.

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

doktorspin wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:41 am Desperate to get rid of the firmware on the A95X MAX, I tried this ROM, but it was just not the sort of thing I was after. I was looking to get rid of constraints, but AndroidTV had even more, so after testdriving for a while and finding too many things crippled, I reflashed the original firmware. I wanted a system which was free of constraints and even the version of Play Store was brain dead. I just didn't know what the implications of AndroidTV were.

the first version always is a bummer. The whole UI is remote focused, mouse and keyboard are not recommended.
The next version will be a combination of aosp and atv so it'll curb your statusbar and navbar craving but you won't need them since remote will be enough to do everything.
I hate Oreo Atv UI too, that's why I'm gonna port nougat UI in oreo.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
ricklar

Nayam wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:01 am the first version always is a bummer. The whole UI is remote focused, mouse and keyboard are not recommended.
While I use an air-mouse remote with built-in keyboard on backside with AtvX and all my TV boxes, the stock remotes suck, even the Bluetooth remotes that come standard with Official AndroidTV devices suck. They should all have a gyroscopic air-mouse built-in.
The next version will be a combination of aosp and atv so it'll curb your statusbar and navbar craving but you won't need them since remote will be enough to do everything.
Definitely need Status-bar in my devices, can't stand not having it available, but agree NavBar is not needed when Remote is programmed correctly.
I hate Oreo Atv UI too, that's why I'm gonna port nougat UI in oreo.
Did not expect that outcome, lol. I think if you just insert your Purple wallpaper in Oreo, you will come to love it again. ':)

GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
Nayam

ricklar wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:40 pm Did not expect that outcome, lol. I think if you just insert your Purple wallpaper in Oreo, you will come to love it again.
Maybe :')
I spent hours designing the new wallpaper and it sucks I can't put it on homescreen
Artboard 1@4x-100.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
ricklar

Nayam wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:23 pm
ricklar wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:40 pm Did not expect that outcome, lol. I think if you just insert your Purple wallpaper in Oreo, you will come to love it again.
I spent hours designing the new wallpaper and it sucks I can't put it on homescreen
Artboard 1@4x-100.jpg
That a 4k image? Is that the problem, it's too big? Or is modding the LeanbackLauncher a lot harder now in Oreo???

GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
Nayam

ricklar wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:45 pm
Nayam wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:23 pm
Artboard 1@4x-100.jpg
That a 4k image? Is that the problem, it's too big? Or is modding the LeanbackLauncher a lot harder now in Oreo???
Oreo launcher doesn't support image background, only gradients. I think it's possible to make it support wallpapers but I haven't got time to do that yet
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices: