DStv Now

appXperience
Leanne01
Answers: 0

Hi, sorry I did miss your comment Thanks for the advise. I managed to upgrade play store. Dstv is still not showing up there as well. I did manage to download apk for dstv now, and I can now login, however I am getting video playback error device certification, guessing the device is not registered.
ricklar

Leanne01 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:08 pm Hi, sorry I did miss your comment Thanks for the advise. I managed to upgrade play store. Dstv is still not showing up there as well. I did manage to download apk for dstv now, and I can now login, however I am getting video playback error device certification, guessing the device is not registered.
If that app requires Widevine Level 1 DRM then you are correct the atvX firmware does not have the certificates to play Level 1 DRM protected content. AtvX only has the standard Widevine Level 3 DRM certificates that are included in the Open Source code from Google. The only devices licensed with that L1 DRM cert. are the RokuTV's, FireTV OS devices, or AndroidTV devices like: Nvidia Shield, Xiaomi MiBox, or Mecool KM3/KM8/KM9pro.

To make sure your device with a custom ROM never gets blocked by Google services it should be registered, this won't help apps like DStv, but it is a good thing to do. Here is the XDA-developers Guide to register your device:

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-f ... gle-error/
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
Yusrie1

Hi I got it to work via the internet and open it using the app but now with the latest update that I just did, DSTV STOPPED WORKING. How do I fix this now?
Hi guy

Hope you well

My dstv now app doesn't seem to work anyway of fixing this

Regards Yusrie
Yusrie1

Looks like it's a device certification problem, it keep say play back unavailable I must check the device certification
Hi guy

Hope you well

My dstv now app doesn't seem to work anyway of fixing this

Regards Yusrie
louisatv

I bought this device because it said on the box that it works with DSTV Now and now I have a problem as its not a google device. What do I do now?
em3ka

louisatv wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:56 am I bought this device ...
No, there have never been ...
louisatv wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:56 am .. I have a problem as its not a google device...
viewtopic.php?p=8810#p8810
viewtopic.php?p=8723#p8723
KRIBO

I have the same issue , video playback error, reloaded the dstv now app via APKpure, it works for once then the nextime reads video playback error .frustrating
Acidice
Administrator & Developer

Hi, if you want DStv now to work there are two ways to get it to work. First way is to download dstv now version 2.1.17 (Aptoide has it or apkmirror). Second way is to install magisk manager, reboot into recovery and use twrp to flash magisk root. After that your device will pick up dstv now in the play store and work. Second option only works if you have atvx - first method works on any box.
georgevdmerwe

Hi , If anyone can help , I have recently bought an X96 Mini model and DSTV Now has been working perfect until about 7 days back where it says the DSTV Now app requires an Update and i just cant find it in the App store o update it . IS there a Way i can fix this ?

Thanks
em3ka

georgevdmerwe wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:58 am ...i just cant find it in the App store o update it...
Sideload it from GooglePlay or search on alternative app stores... :blush: