[ROM] atvXperience v3wip - TX5 Pro and other devices

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
Nayam
Administrator & Developer
Answers: 0

Guys, WiFi won't work, nor will bt. Please wait for next release :)
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
xam1988

Hi, some one test it, on magicsee n5??
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

xam1988 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:34 pm Hi, some one test it, on magicsee n5??
Won't work
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
mattewre

Tested with TX5 Pro (wifi chip 9377)
I successful flashed the img with SD card. Boots correctly (wifi not working, as expected)

Now I would like to test another ROM but I can't go in "upgrade mode" using the Reset + SD card method.
I don't have a male-male usb cable. Any solution?
paulspp

Hi,
I have a x96 mini tv box, unfortunately the remote does not work. Is there any solution ?
because there is no root can not modify remote.conf.
foxstation

I have a T95M 1GB S905X. I tried flashing this rom with both normal erase and force erase using the latest USB Burning Tool 2.1.7 and have the same issues soldiaz has, on boot it just sits on a black screen. I am able to use v2FF without any issues though.
rjs88881

Thanks a lot! The ROM is working great (other than the previously reported Wifi issue).

Can someone please guide how to boot/flash twrp (I tried to search the forums but no success).
pavlodovgoruk

Add the ability to put a password when starting the decoder
Vova

Здравствуйте ребята nexbox a95x s905x 1gb 8gb atv v.2ff работает отлично(с незначительной оптимизацией)а вот atv v3.oreo установилась без проблем но запускатса не хочит, тьомный екран и на приставке светит всегда только красный.И да usb-утилитой 2.1.7давно пользуюсь ,дело всьо не не вней

[Hello guys nexbox a95x s905x 1gb 8gb atv v.2ff works fine (with a slight optimization), but atv v3.oreo was installed without problems, but the launch doesn’t want, the screen and the console always shines only red. And yes with usb-utility 2.1.7 recently I use, the matter is not not vney]
tester9

Hey folks,

Hint for people having troubles with USB burning:
I have a short USB A male to A male adapter (without cable, only the black resin chunk and two male connectors) and a USB y cable (used for some USB hard disks if the USB power is insufficient). I do following to burn via USB without issues:
- start the USB Burning tool (the drivers need be installed before and you should know, how the burning tool works and behaves on correct connection)
- connect the USB A male to A male adapter to the female end of the USB y cable
- connect the other end of the USB A male to A male adapter directly to your computer (sic!)
- do not use any external USB hub, otherwise the USB Burning tool will not find the USB device
- press button in AV with a tooth pick and hold it pressed
- connect one of USB connectors of the USB y cable with the USB port that is more far away from the tf/mciro sd slot
- the USB Burning tool now should detect Android box
- if the Android box is not detected, disconnect the Android box again and try the other USB connector of the USB y cable
- if the USB Burning tool does not detect the Android box at all, the problem might be somewhere else!
- you can remove the tooth pick
- connect the last remaining USB connector of the USB y cable to the other USB port
- now you can start to program

The USB y cable construction looks whacky but works fine - at least I have no problems anymore on burning. Make sure that you use short cables (my USB y cable is only 35 cm) and adapters. Maybe try different USB ports on you computer. I had burning issues via USB with USB 2.0 and also USB 3.0 and also on Win 7 and Win 10. Maybe the power in the Android box is unstable via USB. I do not recommend to power the Android box via USB and with an external power supply at the same time. This can damage your computer.

Sorry, had to edit this post, something went wrong when creating the modified Oreo image. I got no error message and I did not check the file size afterwards (and I got no error when burning the image to the Android box)
I have a Nexbox a95x s905x 1gb 8gb to. I had the same problem with black screen and red LED and no boot. But finally it works.

But I had to modify the v3 Oreo img based on the description in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yY8MjsLfKU

Short description what I did:
- get the v3 Oreo and the Customization Tool 6.0.0
- unpack the img with the Customization Tool
- remove the _aml_dtb.PARTITION from the level1 folder (maybe have a backup of it)
- create a modified v3 Oreo img of this
- get the v2FF
- burn v2FF img it via USB Burning Tool
- started the system once (maybe optional)
- burn the modified v3 Oreo img
- boot the system

First boot took a while but there was no red LED and a HDMI signal.