[QUESTION] Most updated & functional rom for h96 pro+

H96 Pro, X98 Pro, TX9 Pro to name a few...
FNP_CMDs
Answers: 0

Hi, I saw a lot of atvxperience roms for H96 Pro+ devices and I can't choose the right one. Could you give me the most functional and updated rom?
My tv box: H96 Pro+ CZ-S32-V3(DDR4). Green PCB.
PD: Is in-built chromecast working?

Thanks u!
ricklar

FNP_CMDs wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:22 am Hi, I saw a lot of atvxperience roms for H96 Pro+ devices and I can't choose the right one. Could you give me the most functional and updated rom?
Best version is V2FF from the website download, for your device use the standard DDR, not the LPddr. One problem is Bluetooth not working. This version I personally use as daily driver.

Second best version is the moddifed bootloader version of V2H for DDR4 released by [mention]bumerc[/mention], he only modded Bootloader to work better with DDR4 devices. You can find that version in the "H96 Pro+" forum topic. This version Bluetooth works, but has flaws. V2H was made by Adam and is missing some drivers, missing remote configuration files, old SmartYouTube.apk made into system App, missing build.prop tweaks, init.d tweaks aren't optimized.
Is in-built chromecast working?
No. Chromecast will only natively work in official licensed androidTV devices. ATV ROMs can't make it work without having proper license certificates. There is a Chromecast alternative App called CastReceiver which is a paid app that works brilliantly, it functions just like Chromecast does. There is a link to it in the Apps forum section.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!
FNP_CMDs

Thank u for your answer! I'll try V2FF and CastReceiver!

Greetings!
FNP_CMDs

ricklar wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:27 am
FNP_CMDs wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:22 am Hi, I saw a lot of atvxperience roms for H96 Pro+ devices and I can't choose the right one. Could you give me the most functional and updated rom?
Best version is V2FF from the website download, for your device use the standard DDR, not the LPddr. One problem is Bluetooth not working. This version I personally use as daily driver.

Second best version is the moddifed bootloader version of V2H for DDR4 released by [mention]bumerc[/mention], he only modded Bootloader to work better with DDR4 devices. You can find that version in the "H96 Pro+" forum topic. This version Bluetooth works, but has flaws. V2H was made by Adam and is missing some drivers, missing remote configuration files, old SmartYouTube.apk made into system App, missing build.prop tweaks, init.d tweaks aren't optimized.
Is in-built chromecast working?
No. Chromecast will only natively work in official licensed androidTV devices. ATV ROMs can't make it work without having proper license certificates. There is a Chromecast alternative App called CastReceiver which is a paid app that works brilliantly, it functions just like Chromecast does. There is a link to it in the Apps forum section.
I tried CastReceiver and it is working very well casting my smartphone screen. However, when I try to send a youtube video, It opened the app and worked the first time, but now it don't show anything. Do you know why?
ricklar

FNP_CMDs wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:46 am I tried CastReceiver and it is working very well casting my smartphone screen. However, when I try to send a youtube video, It opened the app and worked the first time, but now it don't show anything. Do you know why?
Don't know why, could be a lot of things, you have the Free version of the app or the Paid version? Also, has Google Play Services and Android Web View updated to the current versions? I have only tested the Paid version of CastReceiver.

Some info on my setup in my tv box: I have no official YouTube apk installed. I have installed both Vanced YouTube and SmartYouTube apks, both are ad-free/commercial-free and sideloaded into box. I use SmartYT when jumping from video to video. And Vanced is set to default for Opening Links in android settings of Vanced; this makes it so if I am using another app or web browser and it links to a YouTube video then Vanced will be the player that loads the link and plays the link the fastest.

So when using CastReciever I have had no real issues myself screen mirroring or casting YouTube videos from phone or tablet to TV. Only problem, that I can live with, is it seems that the CastReceiver generates a basic AndroidTV YouTube player to play the video and the onscreen YouTube video controls are not formatted correctly(too large), but I can still use Play/Pause from remote or still control video from phone/tablet.
BE KIND, BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS, RESPECT THE MODERATORS,
*IMPORTANT NOTE* ONLY PM MODERATORS OR DEVELOPERS AS A LAST RESORT!!!

☢️ My test device: H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb DDR4 ☢️ Plus own Tanix, Beelink, Alfawise, X96S, Odroid-N2, Khadas VIM3L, X3, ADT-3, X96-Air
GEARBEST.com
PLEASE ENJOY ATVX!