TX 5 Pro - Problem with Youtube and Youtube Kids

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
antok_tm
Answers: 0

Hi,

I got problem with the Play Store's version of Youtube and Youtube Kids. Usually, the first video playback went fine. But when I select another video, it freezes with black screen. I had to return to home menu, and force the app to close. On Youtube Kids' case, sometimes it even freezes while playing the first 5-10 seconds of video.

I wonder if there's some settings or tweak that can be done to fix this?

Thanks
Nayam
Administrator & Developer

antok_tm wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:20 am Hi,

I got problem with the Play Store's version of Youtube and Youtube Kids. Usually, the first video playback went fine. But when I select another video, it freezes with black screen. I had to return to home menu, and force the app to close. On Youtube Kids' case, sometimes it even freezes while playing the first 5-10 seconds of video.

I wonder if there's some settings or tweak that can be done to fix this?

Thanks
Revert to an older version of youtube or download smart youtube tv or use videoder.
BE NICE, BE RESPECTFUL
RESPECT THE MODERATORS
PM ONLY WHEN IMPORTANT
ENJOY!
My Devices:
X96 Mini, A95X Pro, H96 Pro Stick, A95X Max
antok_tm

Nayam wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:35 am Revert to an older version of youtube or download smart youtube tv or use videoder.
HI Nayam,
Thanks for the response. I really appreciate your effort to build this ROM.

For me personally, reverting to older version of youtube or using another youtube alternaitve beats my purpose of using the box. I think I will return to the "stock" firmware for now. Hope this can be resolved in the future, because I really like the whole concept of this ROM.