[HELP] Unable to install

MiBox, X96 to name a few...
Methanoid
Answers: 0

My box is on Magendanz's Nexus ATV rom but thats 6.0 and I wanted to try ATVxperience 7.1 or 8.0 but it refuses to let me update any way I try.

I have tried the USB Flashing tool and ATVxperience rom but my box isn't being recognised as being in "burnable" state - the reset pin does work but its not recognising or putting into correct state for the USB tool to see it

I have tried Burn Card maker and ATVxperience rom but again it isn't recognising card or the "burnable" state

I have tried TWRP but my TWRP didnt allow me to flash the IMG saying "Size of image is larger than target device" - I think Magendanz's rom maybe didnt have all the right partitions or sizes? He's not responding to support requests

I tried to get original FW back using TWRP but same issues.

Tried to put a new TWRP on and buggered that up so now box thinks it has no recovery to boot to. BOX DOES BOOT and I can access terminal and root but when I tried dd if=/storage/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery it wrote a new TWRP but "reboot recovery" just gets me the Nexus logo.

I'd be tearing hair out if I had any left. I am guessing the partitions all need rebuilding and TWRP reinstalling but no ideas left.... Any help???
Methanoid

[mention]Nayam[/mention] or someone? I really want to get onto ATVxperience ;)
em3ka

Methanoid wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:37 am ...I have tried the USB Flashing tool and ATVxperience rom but my box isn't being recognised as being in "burnable" state - the reset pin does work but its not recognising...
Should work, you have to short the right pins or try the JTAG connection...
Methanoid

Nothing I can short and the TTL through holes - well two of them are blocked with solder... so its either solder the connections (I will kill the board, trust me!) or a software solution. I guess I have been inadvertently screwed by Magendanz's rom :-(

Is there seriously no way to put TWRP back on via DD and then fix the partition sizes?
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

Methanoid wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:00 pm Is there seriously no way to put TWRP back on via DD and then fix the partition sizes?
no, you have to erase emmc memory and repartition for the desired Android version. This is only possible via the uboot terminal or ABT. TWRP cannot create partitions / change their size, but can only format existing partitions.
bumerc
Administrator & Developer

bumerc wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:37 pm (I will kill the board, trust me!)
no, let an electrician do it who can solder, I soldered dozens of devices, not a single one broke 🙂
Methanoid

LOL. After much trying got header soldered but find my USB-TTL is too old (says not supported since 2012) so need to buy new one! What fun